UCLA Freshman Class of 2027 Waitlist/Appeal Thread

june 1st are u serious damn

If I remember, they said to me that they will send out at June if someone haven’t got their waitlist decision yet

1 Like

Ty! Ucla has always been my dream school, but I guess that’s my sign to go to berkeley :slight_smile:

2 Likes

so that probably means a rejection for the people who have not gotten an acceptance yet.

1 Like

By now they should having enough data to decide if they need to pull from wl or close it
Why are they dragging the process still

4 Likes

it went until the very end of july (and even into august, it seems) last year—i think it’s unlikely that they’ll close the waitlist altogether by the end of this month because throughout the summer, people will continue to decline their ucla spots if they get off of other waitlists, and those spots have to be filled. ex: someone who got off of the upenn waitlist a few days ago committed there and left an open spot at ucla. at this point, it really depends on what the waitlist movement is for ivies and other t20s. maybe there won’t be any more big waves like the ones on april 28th/29th and may 6th, but i think that it’s more than likely that there will be individual spots that’ll have to be filled—especially if we’re going off of how ucla has traditionally handled their waitlist in past years.

3 Likes

End of July!!
That’s too much of a stretch

1 Like

Someone had mentioned in the grp that some 1000 have been selected from the waitlist already if I’m not wrong

Correct, so always to check the email even the spam. A friend told me couple of years ago, his son didn’t check the email and missed the deadline from Cornell, good thing was he already committed to Berkeley.

1 Like

just spoke with an admissions officer—for college of letters and science, they aren’t admitting off of the waitlist based on major (i’m not sure if this applies to the other colleges as well). he also said that he hasn’t heard anything about the waitlist closing on june 1st.

UCLA’s College of L&S does not admit by major for regular or waitlist admissions. The rest of the Colleges do admit by Major such as Engineering, Theater, Nursing etc

2 Likes

Any idea if that is also the case for transfer students applying to the College of L&S?

2 Likes

Transfers apply for specific majors and need to complete the major requirements for transfer. For Transfers, all are admitted by major for all the UCLA colleges.

1 Like

If not based on major then how are they admitting of the waitlist

2 Likes

I am wondering too

I understand the butterfly effect but I can’t imagine how UCLA’s waitlist process extends to July. Almost all top schools have already closed the waitlist.

UCLA was the last UC to close their waitlist on August 19th. UCR’s waitlist extended into August also but the majority of the UC’s closed their waitlists in June and July.

1 Like

Currently I am on the waitlist for ucla and am committed to ucsd. Does anyone know when I am able to see financial aid awards for ucsd specifically? Does anyone also know when they come out or if they had already?

1 Like

My DD got the offer today from UCLA.

6 Likes

My daughter’s friend, in state, bay area, got in for cognitive science this morning. We are very happy they will be together

3 Likes