UCLA Freshman Class of 2027 Waitlist/Appeal Thread

Congratulations!

1 Like

HI Sirenlily,

Your Daughter’s Waitlist acceptance email from UCLA when received?

Congrats!! I’m surprised they started admitting so soon. Has anyone else heard back?

1 Like

Congrats! I am surprised and glad they they started releasing waitlists this early.

Received on April 20

3 Likes

Honestly, I’m very happy that there has been some waitlist movement. Hopefully much more to come. So many well-qualified, deserving students were waitlisted this year. I think UCLA saw the crazy-high yield rates of the COVID classes (c/o 2024, 2025, and 2026), where people preferred to go to in-state universities and pay in-state tuition because of uncertainty, and got ahead of itself on admissions this year. Expecting a 50% yield at a public university is extremely ambitious for the admissions team.

Rooting for y’all and Go Bruins. :blue_heart: :yellow_heart:

5 Likes

hi can i know when did ur daughter turn in the wl form?

1 Like

im not sure if they r releasing wl to those who turned in the form earlier

1 Like

Me too. My daughter is waitlisted and it is her #1 choice and she would be ecstatic if she cleared waitlist soon.

1 Like

UC waitlist movement isn’t tied to when you turned in the form. As long as you submitted it by the deadline, you are in the pool for consideration. It’s not like private schools where you need to demonstrate a lot of interest. Just follow the instructions given and cross your fingers. In the past couple of years, the odds of getting off a waitlist at schools like UCLA and UCB have been quite low.

1 Like

Our daughter is waitlisted at UCLA. I wanted know in the event ( it’s a miracle) she gets off the waitlist and is offered a admission- how does the dorm situation work? Wouldn’t all/ most of the dorms be allotted and contract signed? How do OOS students admitted off waitlist find dorms?

@Ratnamala,

Congrats on your daughter getting admission to UCLA. When she received the email?
We will get some idea that’s why asking.

What major she got at UCLA admission?

Oops sorry for the confusion. She is on the waitlist and hasn’t gotten the admission. My question was- if at all she gets an admission- then how does the dorm situation work? As every college has set time for housing contract be signed.

UCLA Dorm application accepting till 15th May’23.

How does this apply to waitlisted kids? Ok thank you will check that.

After getting admission immediately apply for Dorm application. Before 15th May’24 submitted application will get a guaranteed Drom room.

UCLA has added housing so they can guarantee housing for 4 years to Undergrads. If admitted off the waitlist, students will still get housing although it may not be their first choice dorm.

Thank you so much that helps.

So the sequence goes- As soon as the student gets off the waitlist- ( they get admission letter), they apply for and will get a dorm. My apologies as we are trying to figure out options since UCLA will be out of state for us. I do understand the chances are almost nil to be admitted.