Ucla just sent me a supplemental?

<p>i got one from berkeley a couple of weeks ago and now i just received email from ucla about their supplemental. why am i getting this one later than the berkeley one? do most people even get 2? i thought it was usually one or the other.</p>

<p>I got both</p>

<p>and like I said on the other thread</p>

<p>did u just receive yours now?</p>

<p>I turned in mine on Feb 10th!</p>

<p>TheBlackLantern - </p>

<p>contrary to widespread myth, the schools in the UC system do not work together to decide which will accept a candidate. They don't communicate on this at all. Thus, the decisions to seek augmented review of your case was done independently by UCLA and Cal. Each saw a reason to seek more information in order to make or finalize their decision. </p>

<p>Yes, often only one of the two is sent to a given applicant. The admissions priorities are different between the two schools, which means that in many cases someone is rejected by one but put in the augmented pile and then accepted at the other. However, it is certainly possible to get both. Something in your situation was of interest to both, not just one. Congratulations. </p>

<p>Admissions is a time where many readers are working their way through an enormous 'pile' of electronic applications, rating each one and deciding which few of those should be flagged for a supplemental. As you can imagine, that does not happen all on one day. Instead it is a fairly continuous process from soon after the applications are entered until near the date for release of decisions.</p>

<p>A question</p>

<p>out of the 50+ thousand applicants to UCLA</p>

<p>or the 40+ thousand applicants to UCB</p>

<p>how many (percentage, number)</p>

<p>get supplementals out of these numbers? </p>

<p>I'm thinking 2,000-5,000 out the pool</p>

<p>Just wondering, what were your stats when you applied?</p>

<p>i will just give you my numbers
770 us history
710 math2</p>

<p>So what does it mean if you receive a supplemental? Should I be concerned if I didn't get one?</p>

<p>Don't be concerned evera</p>

<p>if your stats were high and u believe u did very well on ur app</p>

<p>then be confident</p>