UCLA Maintain GPA

Hi everyone! I got accepted into UCLA with a 4.0 in Civil Engineering. My Admission Contract stated: “Maintain the grade point average and complete the courses and units as reported in your UC application and in any subsequent updates provided to Undergraduate Admission.” It also stated to report changes if: “Any course withdrawals, incomplete grades, dropped courses” and “A decline in academic performance: Two or more C grades, and C grades in major preparatory classes, or any D and/or F grades.” I’m taking two classes in Engineering Physics since they are Major Prep courses, and I might get a B in both. I got A’s in the rest of the classes I took. Would I still have to report these grades since they don’t mention anything about gpa in the report changes part? They’ll still see it in my transcript. My overall GPA would drop to 3.86. Would these grades get my admission rescinded? Thanks!

Maintaining your GPA means within reason so more than a 1.0 drop would be a red flag. A 3.86 is fine and you only have to report 2 or more C’s so you are OK with A’s and B’s. No reason to report.

No worries and congratulations.

3 Likes