UCLA or UCI?

Hello all!
This is my first post so I’m not sure if I put it in the right forum, but here it is! I recently got accepted to both UCLA and UC Irvine. On the surface, I would pick UCLA over Irvine any day; it’s been my dream school since I was in middle school. I also love the surrounding area and the campus. However, I got a $5000 scholarship for Irvine. My family is really tight on money right now and that scholarship would help immensely. I’m really torn, it’s either go to my dream school and struggle financially, or go to Irvine, which is a good school but not up to par with UCLA, and get the $5000.

I know this decision is mine and mine alone, but I was just wondering what others might do in this situation. Thank you in advance!!

How do you know UCI is not up to par with UCLA? What majors are you considering?

See which college is stronger in terms of the major you chose, and therefore would stand out to employers. Think about which will be better in the long run, especially financially. UCLA might be more prestigious but will you end up earning the same salary when you graduate? Just a thought.

Sounds compelling to me, assuming your finances already take into account the money you can earn working during summer and breaks. If not, you should be able to earn $5K.

Struggling financially seems more like a nightmare than a dream.

In today’s environment, when jobs and economics are unknown, take the $$ money. Congrats.