UCLA Rescind Policy

<p>Hi,</p>

<p>My high school operates on a yearly system - we have semester grades shown on the transcript, but we only have 1 final grade in each class. If I were to get more than 1 C on the semester grade but still have the final grade as a B, would I get rescinded? For example: A A B B C C for second semester grades, but A A B B B B for final grades.</p>

<p>And for GPA calculation, do they only look at second semester grades or do they look at it the whole year? UCLA says that I must maintain a B average.</p>

<p>Thanks!</p>

<p>UCLA will only know what goes on your final transcript that you send to them in July. If the C’s aren’t on that transcript, I wouldn’t worry, because how would they find out?</p>

I am in the same situation this year - second semester A B C C C C and first semester A B B B B B B and Final year A B B B B B B. I have been out of school for 4 weeks due to illness and that impacted my grades. what do u guys think?

From UCLA FAQ website-

Q: I RECEIVED A D GRADE IN THE FALL SEMESTER … OR…
I AM THINKING OF DROPPING A CLASS….

A: If the course schedule you gave us on your application changes, if you receive any grade lower than C, or if your senior year unweighted GPA drops below 3.0, you should notify us right away. We will review these changes in the context of your overall record and let you know whether they affect your admission. You may be required to take additional classes in the summer, or in some cases, your offer of admission can be withdrawn. Generally, the sooner you let us know of changes, the more options you will have.