UCLA transfer with disability? EE major, low gpa

<p>Hi all, I’m currently a junior at UCI, majoring in Electrical Engineering. My GPA is extremely low, around a 2.9 currently.</p>

<p>I have been diagnosed with a severe autoimmune condition and for the past two years, I have been critically hospitalized multiple times. I have no family or car in Irvine, and I have frequent (basically every-other day) trips to the doctor/medical center. I also have severe panic/anxiety attacks, depression, and other conditions which I am working on improving over the past few years, and I have made progress. However, these conditions have really affected my GPA and performance.</p>

<p>I am going to be applying for a transfer to UCLA because that is where my family lives. I took some classes (not engineering related) this summer at home, and received a 4.0 GPA because my condition was more stable and I had the support I needed. When I am away from home, it is hard for me to take care of my condition by myself, and the medications I am taking require me to be under supervision through the day.</p>

<p>I would like to finish my degree because I have already dedicated so much towards it.</p>

<p>I have extremely strong extracurriculars, multiple research experiences, scholarships, and internships. My GPA, however, is scattered with “C’s”.</p>

<p>I really need to move closer to home because my condition has gotten worse, so I would like to apply to UCLA. What do you think my chances are? Is there anything I can do to improve my chances? Does anybody have any specifics to take into account while applying through disability? Any advice would be appreciated! </p>

2.9 trasnfer I doubt it especially since your already at a UC so they relatively have an understanding of how you would adapt to their engineering program. And to be completely honest it might be better for u to just stay at uci and see it through there.