UCLA undergrad vs. Berkeley undergrad?!

<p>Hi guys!</p>

<p>I’m graduating high school this year, and I’ve been lucky enough to be accepted by both UCLA and Berkeley for my undergrad major of business economics. I know Berkeley is a great business school, but I might switch into an architecture/landscape design/environmental design major.</p>

<p>Is there actually an ongoing architecture major available for undergrads at UCLA? And if so, is it any good? And is it hard to switch from a business major to an architecture one at either school? I’m not very sure about switching at all, which is mostly why I’m asking. For a person who is interested in business econ and possibly some architecture, which school would be better?</p>

<p>I’m a bit lost and confused right now, and I appreciate any help at all! Thanks in advance! :D</p>

<p>Can anyone give me some advice? ):</p>

<p>go visit both schools and do as much research on the departmental and college websites as you can. The answer (for you) will reveal itself.</p>

<p>Already visited UCLA, but I didn’t get the chance to ask. I have looked up lists of undergrad majors, but it’s confusing. It says that architecture is open only to junior level transfer applicants, but I’ve read forums that contradict that. /:</p>

<p>Visiting Berkeley next week.</p>

<p>Thanks for the suggestion!</p>

<p>I’d love to hear from others (:</p>

<p>I am not at all sure you can easily switch majors into urban planning & design at UCLA.</p>

<p>This sounds crazy but have you ever thought about Cal Poly SLO (if you applied and were admitted)? I really like their Business program and considered going there. Also they rank really high in Architecture (#2 or #3… I forget). I’d take a look at it (:</p>

<p>@arabrab: It’s okay. Thanks for posting though! Appreciate it. (:</p>

<p>@collegebound111: Yeah, I actually did apply there after being encouraged by some of my friends and am accepted as a business econ major. (: I hear the architecture program there is amazing and intense, but I’m not sure if I’d be committed to it. I’m really just curious more than anything.</p>

<p>If you don’t mind me asking, what’s their business program like? I haven’t had the chance to visit, but I’ve heard nice things about the campus from friends.</p>

<p>Uh, just from my visit - The business program is 4 years and its upside down curriculum. So you’ll be taking core courses as well as GE at the same time. You declare a concentration junior year and can focus on taking classes in it. Btw, switching majors within the same school at Cal Poly (i.e., business school) is relatively easy. It would be hard to switch from Business to Engineering since it’s a different school. The big 4 recruit at Cal Poly if you’re concerned about job prospects.</p>