UCLA vs Cal Psych Research Opportunities

<p>I’m deciding between UCLA and Cal, and the deciding factor is the amount of research opportunities for undergrad students. I hope to go to the school that has profs who are willing to let psych undergrads help them with research. Does anyone know which one will be better for me?</p>

<p>Also, I visited the campuses, and I liked Cal a lot but felt that I did not belong there. I visited UCLA and thought it was okay but I felt like it was a very safe decision. Of course, no one can decide for me but the time is getting closer. What school should I pick?</p>

<p>UCLA definitely has psych research opportunities. There are opportunities posted on the walls of the psych building. I don’t think you should think of going to UCLA as a safe decision in terms of it being easier. There’s a lot of work you’ll need to do to be successful.</p>

<p>@uclastudennnnt, thanks for the info! </p>

<p>I didn’t mean it’s safe as in easy, of course it’s not. I personally felt it was safe because I live closer to LA</p>

<p>@randombookie: Sorry, just wanted to clarify this since I’ve read a few posts from prospective students choosing LA since it’s ‘easier.’ LA’s psych department is top notch, and the TA’s I’ve had in psych have been really great. One of mine regularly emailed us opportunities for research. I don’t think it’d be much different if you went to Cal tbh, but I’m a huge fan of LA :)</p>

<p>@uclastudennnt, yeah of course, I do hear people say it’s “easier” as well, you’re totally justified! </p>

<p>It might be slightly “easier” in a sense that UCLA students are less cutthroat, so it seems.</p>

<p>That’s great to hear! I’m going to PM you about more questions on the psych program if you don;t mind. thanks</p>