UCLA vs Cal

<p>Back in November I applied to both UCLA and Berkeley, but now I regret apply to UCLA because I hear that usually people only get admitted into one of them. I don’t really want to go to UCLA, but I applied just for the opportunity, but now I regret applying because I really want to go to Berkeley. Is it possible to cancel my application to LA? Or if I get accepted into LA and not Berkeley, can I appeal to switch?</p>

<p>And I may be going about this the wrong way. I hear that UCLA is a good school, but probably due to my lack of research, I don’t really see why. Could someone convince me? I’m looking to go into civil/environmental engineering.</p>

<p>Don’t trust the rumors, you can get into both. It’s separate admission.</p>

<p>Could you withdraw your app to UCLA? Sure, but that would be stupid since the admissions review is separate by campus. (They just don’t have time to compare notes.)</p>

<p>Can you appeal to Cal if you are rejected? Sure, but getting into UCLA is not grounds for an appeal to Cal.</p>

<p>IMO, UCLA’s overall quality of life might be a bit better. Of course, others will differ. But that’s the point – with the exception of the rankings, academically for you, the education would be close to the same – the differences would be in out-of-class stuff (and of course, the weather!).</p>

<p>I got into every UC I applied to, including UCLA and CAL. Then, Riverside accepted me out of nowhere when I didn’t even apply. There’s no limit for how many UCs you will be accepted by.</p>

<p>u can’t switch or swap acceptances. think of them as 2 SEPARATE schools.</p>

<p>The admissions of one is completely indeterminate of the admissions of the other. The only thing canceling your application to LA will do is make you look like a major idiot. So don’t do it. :)</p>