UCR vs UCI

<p>Hi I am a transfer student and my major is business administration. I got accepted into both UC Riverside as a business administration and UC Irvine as a business economics major. I not sure which school I should choose although UCI is generally a better school I wouldn’t be in my intended major, while Riverside is not as good but I would be in my intended major. My goals in the future is to run my own business which school do you think would help me the most?</p>

<p>I think UCI would be more promising. Maybe you can change majors once you’re there, which will undoubtedly take more work, but in the long run that shouldn’t matter if you’re really serious about what you want to do. UCR is a good school too, although not as well-known as UCI, it offers equal opportunities and you’re already in the major you want. So if you want to spare yourself the hassle, choose UCR. </p>

<p>UCI. Even though UCR’s business school is more prestigious than UCI’s, it’s still in Riverside. In the future, Irvine will be, if it isn’t already, a city with lots of opportunities for recent business grads. A lot of tech companies are in Irvine and regularly recruit from UCI. Major is absolutely irrelevant if you want to run your own business. </p>

<p>I agree with @oceanpartier‌. In the long run, major won’t matter nearly as much as social skills when it comes to running a business</p>