UC's Please chance me - an anxious senior

UC GPA: 4.25
UW GPA: 3.81
W GPA: 4.25

SAT: 1410 (710 Reading & Writing, 700 Math) —taking last one in October ----taking SAT II Math in November

No class rank at my school

AP’s (9) (4 this year haven’t taken yet–> APCALCAB, APES, APLIT, APGOV)
Intending to send so far
AP Euro Hist: 3
AP US Hist: 5
AP Lang: 4
AP Psych: 4

EC:
-Class Treasurer (12th)
-Class Fundraising officer (11th)
-2 years track and field JV
-2 years basketball JV
-+100 hours volunteering

Race: Asian (born in America)

Major: Computer Science ( OR Economics )

UCSD, UCSB, UCI, UCSC, UCD, UCB, UCLA,

Safeties: Cal Poly Pomona, Cal Poly SLO, CSULB

Haven’t finished writing essays, but I would like judgement based on these factors themselves

Honestly haven’t decided on a major yet and I’m stressed out about what my chances would be getting into with these capped majors so some insight would be very much appreciated.

I also didn’t have any specific classes in highschool to these majors, such as AP Comp Sci or AP Econ-- could that hurt my chances?

Thank you so much in advance!

You have a solid chance at the most of the schools on your list. UCLA/UCB and SLO should be considered Reach schools due to low acceptance rate for CS around 5-6%. Remember that CS will probably be one of the most competitive majors so there are no guarantees.

CPP and CSULB will be your safeties and if you are happy attending then you do not need any more safeties. I would throw in UCR just in case.

Best of luck.

I think you’re still very much within line of sight for UCLA and UCB despite it being competitive. Out of curiosity, what (approximate) school did you go to? I went to one of the more competitive silicon valley schools and my high school would regularly send 30-50 of kids to Berkeley with similar backgrounds to yours.

No one that I know at UCB who was admitted as a freshman in the last 3 years that is in CS either as LS-intent or EECS is below 1490 for SAT. Sample size of around 25 kids. Well, actually one was below 1490 but I think he applied for LS as Undeclared.

Would a 710 Math 2 hurt or help chances for the UC campuses that recommend it?