UCs & SAT Subject Tests - quick question

Hi everyone,

When I applied to the UCs last year, I had planned to take 2 SAT subject tests on the December test date, which was after the application deadline, so I indicated on my application that I was planning to take them. However, I didn’t really prepare for the tests, so when December came around, I didn’t do well on them and ultimately chose not to send in my scores. Now that I’ve gotten my UC acceptances, I’m wondering if I still have to send them in? None of the UCs I applied to require the SAT Subject Test scores, but I’m afraid my acceptances will be rescinded if I don’t send mine in because I originally indicated that I was going to take them. I’m not sure what to do, any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

Since they are only recommended but not required, you do not need to send them and the UC’s have stated they can only help not hinder your chances. Since you have your acceptances, there should be no repercussions for not sending them. UC’s rescind for D and F grades not low SAT subject tests.