UCSB Data Science vs UCSC Computer Science

Hello! I am currently a student at UCSC majoring in computer science. I recently applied and was accepted to UCSB for the data science and statistics major. I am having a very hard time choosing between the two because I know that UCSB is a better school but UCSC also has a really good computer science program. Any advice whatsoever would be appreciated!

OP: You need to examine the reasons that you applied to UCSB for data science & statistics. Do these reasons still apply to your situation ?

Look over your course options at both schools.

If you remain as a CS major at UCSC, can you take courses which will enable you to enter into a one year masters degree program for data science & statistics ?

If you transfer, will that end your chance to take CS courses during your undergraduate years ?

Do you have any specific career objectives ?

Examine the course offerings for both UCSC & UCSB. Also research one year masters degree program course offerings and prerequisites. This knowledge / awareness should help you to formulate a plan & to make a decision.

Then, once again, re-examine your reasons for wanting to transfer & assess whether or not they are still important to you.

Two great options, but only you can decide which course is better for you & your future plans.

As an aside comment:

Is housing a concern for you at either school ?

Has the TA strike been resolved at UCSC ?

Thank you for your help! The TA strike hasn’t been resolved entirely but housing is not too much of an issue in any case. I really appreciate your advice :slight_smile: