UCSB or UCSD

<p>I finally narrowed it down to these two colleges but I dont know which one to pick?</p>

<p>Which one would you guys pick and y?</p>

<p>Any advice would be greatly appreciated.</p>

<p>Personally, I’m in the same boat as you (except I’m also considering USC) but between UCSD and UCSB, I think I’d choose SD.
I’m visiting both of them next week because I think that’s truly the only way to know for sure… You can read reviews/listen to other people etc. but it will all come down to what is best for YOU. I like UCSD because there is more of a focus on academics instead of partying. I also think that the city of San Diego provides for more opportunities since it is the second largest city in California. It’s near L.A. and Orange County, whereas SB seems more isolated.</p>

<p>Yeah…I feel the same, I’m going to visit both as well next week and then decide</p>

<p>I just wanted to get other people’s opinions :slight_smile: thank you</p>

<p>i love ucsb but i think its more of a place to visit… i would get too distracted and end up waking up at 2pm on a final or something.</p>

<p>plus, ucsd has its own “partying” perks…they have free concerts during the year (big ones and small ones), including sun god which is supposed to be off the hook</p>

<p>UCSB also has a big music festival ([Extravaganza](<a href=“http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Extravaganza_(Music_Festival)]Extravaganza[/url]”>Extravaganza (music festival) - Wikipedia)</a>) and other concerts ([Concerts</a> At The Hub](<a href=“http://www.last.fm/venue/8790704+The+Hub+at+UCSB]Concerts”>http://www.last.fm/venue/8790704+The+Hub+at+UCSB)).</p>

<p>Yeahhh no problem! :slight_smile: I’m honestly still debating the two like you are… but I guess I’ll let you know what I decide after next week! and let me know how you feel after your visit… but I’m still kinda leaning sd. i feel like any college in a city so amazing like san diego can’t truly be THAT socially dead.</p>

<p>^ it’s not in san diego, it’s in La Jolla - a rich oldfolks town. Downtown San Diego is 20 minute drive away.</p>

<p>well they are both great school I have friends that go to both schools and they love it. I usually pick on the UCSB ones more though for obvious reasons. But the party scene is everywhere (especially for girls) so that should really influence your choice</p>

<p>Yeah I know but I feel like there will still be things to do… if anything, SDSU isn’t that far so you can just go party there if the social scene at ucsd is really that bad</p>

<p>the college experience is up to you. All UCs are party schools though some are low key compared to others. UCSB is located in a beautiful city so is UCSD ( most UCs are located in nice areas) The good thing that SD has is location as same as Rside and Irvine. You are close to everything</p>

<p>This would have been an easy pick for me. SD is the superior academic school, and I believe you can find a good time any where you go, if you try to.</p>

<p>haha! I had a tough decision like this one last year. I visited UCSD and it looked very friendly. The tour guide I had told me a lot about the sungod festival, I actually might go down for the sungod’s festival and check it out lol. :D</p>

<p>As for all the UCs in good locations… I don’t think berkeley is >.<</p>

<p>yeah I was going to say that but it slipped my mind</p>

<p>while at it let me give some super brief description of campuses</p>

<p>SD SB and SC ocean view</p>

<p>Rside in the foothills with view of the IE and sometimes of LA in clear days up in the C</p>

<p>Merced next to a lake</p>

<p>LA in the hills
Irvine … in a nice but boring city</p>

<p>Davis. umm farmland</p>

<p>I’m in the exact same boat…I’ve never pictured myself at UCSD, almost didn’t even apply there, but after getting rejected from UCB I’m seriously considering SD and SB. From the research I’ve done, it seems like the UCSB honors program has a lot more perks, and SB focused more on undergrad. However, UCSD may be more academically prestigious as it’s one of the “big three”. </p>

<p>I’ve heard mixed feelings in terms of the social scene at UCSD, some say it can get pretty dead…But then UCSB is a pretty hardcore party school.</p>

<p>So basically 8college8, I’m pretty torn just like you. I guess the next step is to visit both campuses and see which one you can picture yourself at.</p>

<p>@Jason2009</p>

<p>Davis’s campus is farmland. Got it.</p>

<p>I actually think the fields around Davis look really nice, especially when there is a pretty blue sky. :o, but yeah… it might be pretty but its also kinda boring…
I remember last year when I had to make decisions, I went on Google Earth to look at aerial views of each school. Oh was that fun!
UCSB is on the beach… TSUNAMI!!! =X I WANNA GO RIDE A TSUNAMI WAVE :open_mouth: (I actually wanna go here =( )</p>

<p>yeah…deciding between these 2 colleges is pretty difficult</p>

<p>They’re both gorgeous schools that are right by the beach</p>

<p>Princess99…I will definately let you know more after I tour both campuses…I’m hoping that will help me decide</p>

<p>I want to do pre-med so althought sd is more prestigous and better at sciences, I feel as though it would be more cut-throat and competitive then at ucsb especially since it doesnt matter what undergrad you went to if you got to med school…but then sd does have a medical school on campus so idk </p>

<p>I also like the environment at sb better but idk because i havent seen ucsd yet</p>

<p>good luck to everyone else trying to decide which college to go to as well</p>

<p>I guess I should just be happy that I got into the schools and I’m sure I cant go wrong with either decision</p>