UCSB Research Mentorship Program - 2023

No she never recd any interview related invitation.

I did SIP last year! It was really awesome, great choice :smiley: Feel free to PM if you guys have any questions!

Has anyone who has been waitlisted heard one way or the other from RMP?

Anyone heard from waitlist?

yes! received an interest survey day ago

was there a separate survey in an email or just the email?

there was a link to a survey embedded in the email, if that answers your question

ok thanks

Has anyone been accepted off the waitlist in the past two days?

I saw someone on Reddit saying they got off sometime in the last week. They were waitlisted since early March/late Feb,

yep I saw that as well. I am wondering if thereā€™s any new openings. Have you received any updates from RMP?

1 Like

hi! iā€™m on the waitlist as of now and apart from the interest survey, i got another email w/ the subject header ā€œucsb rmp waitlist statusā€ and it basically said that i could possibly hear something from them soon and it also asked me to confirm if i still wanted to go to RMP if accepted. did you get anything like that?

yeah I think everyone on the waitlist who recently indicated interest got that email. I just donā€™t know how many people indicated interest.

Hello! Can you describe your time at RMP?

yeah i got the other two emails too, plus one yesterday evening that was saying that thereā€™s still a possibility of being accepted, and to indicate if you are still interested, check with your parents and keep your summer open.

hi! iā€™ve been admitted for this summerā€™s RMP cohort, and i am a bit terrified. iā€™ve never done research before, and iā€™m getting a bit of imposter syndrome. do you have tips for this and how was the program overall?

1 Like