Ucsb rmp 2021

hi! if you feel comfortable sharing the interview questions that would be much appreciated. got waitlisted to all my other programs so this is kinda my last shot if i get an interview :sweat_smile: thank you sm : )

hi! if you feel comfortable sharing the interview questions that would be much appreciated. got waitlisted to all my other programs so this is kinda my last shot if i get an interview :sweat_smile: thank you sm : )

(sry i accidentally already typed this, but not as a direct reply)

2 Likes

for sure! can you give me your email I can send you them?

I messaged you on a separate thread thing (i’m not too familiar with CC lol), lmk if you can’t see it!

Could you send them to me as well? I’ve never used CC much before either

yeah just send me your email!

could you PM it to me? I just made an account and I don’t think I can send any messages

Hello! I’m pretty much in the same position as hellopeople168… do mind DMing me the interview questions too please?

Hi, can you please send me the interview questions as well?

Here are some questions they asked me.

What is a fun fact about yourself that the admissions committee does not know yet?

What is one recent struggle or obstacle that you have faced and how did you overcome it?

If you were to choose on a scale of 1-10 (1 being gives you total independence and 10 being they will hold your hand throughout) of the engagement/involvement of your mentor in your research project, what would you choose? And why?

What sets you apart from other students?

What does research mean to you? What do you think research is and what does it involve?

What are three words your friends would use to describe you?

It is likely that you may not get your first choice of a research project. Would you be able to handle that?

How do you take criticism?

What kind of research are you interested in?

If you were to choose on a scale of 1-10, how important is getting into this program for you? Why?

What are your future plans?

Do you have any questions for us?

3 Likes

check my reply under broc11mys

check my reply under broc11mys pls

1 Like

Thank you so much!

Thank you.

Did anyone receive an interview within the last few days? I haven’t even received a confirmation email after the one I received after submitting my supplementals.

1 Like

How would you even answer the 1-10 importance interview question? Would it be good to say 10?

There is no right answer I would say. This question is a question they ask to help with mentor pairing if you get accepted to the program. However, I would stay away from the extreme 1,2,9, and 10. iirc I said 7 because I have no prior research experience so it would be great to have some guidance, but then I also said the reason it is not higher is because I am a person who can also work independently and still get the job done.

Anyone still pending results? I’m doing my interview tomorrow.

I also scheduled my interview for tomorrow! Good luck! :))

For those who are still doing their interview, I should give you this warning: most of the spots for this program are already filled. When I had my interview, they told me less than 5 spots are still remaining. Considering that was last week, I am not sure how many are remaining now. So you need to prepare for the interview well if you want to leave a strong impression. However, the fact that they are giving you an interview means that you still have a chance and that they are genuinely interested in admitting you.