UCSB RMP 2022 Summer research program

Hi! I recently had my interview (April 4th) and was admitted today. I don’t know if I can give you the actual interview questions, but make sure you really know your stuff about the RMP program and why you specifically want to go to RMP. Also be prepared to answer questions about important skills for student researchers to have (teamwork, taking criticism, dedication, etc.). Overall, good luck! I do have to warn you that RMP is pretty selective and they have already filled a lot of their 75 spots though.

When is the deadline to commit to RMP?

Congratsss! thank you so much for the advices, it is really helpful.

By stuff about the RMP program do you mean the research area I hope to research on? or information about my essays?

I do not know if they ask different questions to different people. The type of questions they ask are why you are interested in research, why UCSB program, how flexible you are if you do not get the exact topic you want in research and your personal qualities (what you are good at and what you are not good at).
For full disclosure: I have been waitlisted and have not moved off the waitlist. Fingers crossed.
All the best to you for your interview.

1 Like

I submitted my app two weeks ago, and still haven’t gotten a response. Is this normal?

I submitted mine in February and it took a long time to get a response. Others in this group got responses in 2 to 3 weeks.

1 Like

Thank you so much and good luck to you!

I submitted my app on 3/9 and my recommender turned in her letter on 3/17. It’s now been 4 weeks and I still haven’t gotten any reply or change in my application status. Is that a bad sign?

Similar situation here. Submitted 2/15, recommender turned in rec on 3/15, still no updates (T-T). Is this normal for a submission so close to the deadline? Should I expect to get an update sometime soon?

I know admissions doesn’t look at applications until all materials are submitted, recommendation and everything. I’d ask them if they’ve received your application.

1 Like

Ok, thank you! I think I’ll do that if they don’t send anything in the next day or two.

My recommender turned in rec on 3/14 & I just got an interview request :)) so it’s prob coming soon!

2 Likes

Just curious, since you submitted before me, have you gotten a response yet?

Sorry, didn’t see the notification! I got an update on Friday (4/15).

Totally fine! Thank you!

I got waitlisted

How likely to get off the waitlist?

i got in:)

My son also got in:)