UCSB RMP 2022 Summer research program

Thanks. Seems like many kids were accepted in last 10 days based on this tread. I had my interview on Friday evening. Not sure if any spots are left :slightly_frowning_face:

Congrats!!!

If you don’t mind me asking, how did your interview go? Did they emphasize on previous research experience if you talked about that?

This thread’s getting really long, is there an RMP discord?

i honestly thought the interview could have been better. i actually mentioned that i basically had no prior research experience other than an online program from last summer. the part of the interview where i thought i messed up was when they asked me if there were any other fields of research that i was interested in other than the one i mentioned in my application. i said “yes, but i would really like to focus on the field that i mentioned” and they said they like people who are more openminded. but other than that, the interview was pretty good!

Has anyone got off the waitlist?

same question

I just got waitlisted today :confused: is there a chance to get off at this point since it’s rolling admissions? Also do you know when they send out final waitlist decisions?

Hi everyone. I’ve been following the thread for a while but just wanted to reply to say that it’s still possible to get off the waitlist. I got off last Monday and I’d recommend taking the waitlist survey seriously. Good luck and I hope I get to meet all of you this summer!

Ayy congrats! When did you get waitlisted, was it recently or earlier?

Thank you! I got waitlisted mid-April.

When do you guys think the prep webinar will be?

Hi! I recently got accepted into RMP and I’m trying to figure out what the daily schedule looks like and what the workload is, could someone who is done the program give a sense of how much work it is? Like hours per day, etc

What waitlist survey?

If you got waitlisted there was a survey to indicate continued interest but it stopped accepting responses like a week ago

1 Like

hey! for everyone going we have a discord server: Discord

just to clarify, pls only join if you’re the one going! (ex. no parents)

Got off waitlist !!

I wasn’t able to attend the preparation meeting, can anyone tell me what was discussed?