UCSB vs UCD | UC Santa Barbra vs UC Davis

Hello, I am a transfer student and I am having a hard time choosing between UCSB or UCD! If i choose UCSB it will be for Global studies and for UCD it will be for International Relations! I want to ultimately work for the State Department mostly in their foreign affairs sector. HELP!!!

Is there anything in particular that you want in a school? Have you visited both campuses? If so, did one of them stand out to you as being more of a fit?

If you want to work in government, then Davis has the advantage of being literally right outside Sacramento for potential internships. Other than that, you can’t go wrong with either school.

@PhantomVirgo I want the social life but something basic like movies, theme parks, some parties, etc. (not to big on parties), I haven’t visited both campus, i can’t visit Davis because I’m in and from Los Angeles and in school at the moment, but i plan visiting SB soon maybe in like two weeks. I just want a school that has a strong global studies program??

If you want Global Studies, then go to UCSB since they offer it. UC Santa Barbara has a bigger presence of social life than UC Davis by far.

We have a few movie theaters (including an art house theater, if you’re into that), and parties are easy to find if you want them. No theme parks in the area that I’m aware of.

Our international relations major is pretty good, but if you specifically want global studies then go with UCSB.