UCSC rescinding for going below 3.0 senior year

<p>I got into UCSC with a GPA of 3.1, but I’m probably going to get around a 2.8 senior year. On their conditions of admission it just says to maintain your current level of achievement. 2.8 is relatively close to 3.1, should I still worry?</p>

<p>(Also, my total high school GPA average should be barely 3.0 if I do get a 2.8 senior year, higher if I count freshman year.)</p>

<p>If you fall below a 3.0, you WILL be rescinded. There is a reason they set those conditions and there really is no excuse why you can’t maintain at least a 3.0 GPA. Considering you already appear as a borderline applicant, I wouldn’t take their conditions of admission for granted. I have seen time and time again on these threads where seniors (and transfers) let their grades slip after getting accepted and end up getting rescinded for it. Just because you’ve been accepted does not mean you are safe- Keep your grades up and ward off senioritis for a bit longer. You can get lazy after you finish school and are in the clear. Good luck!</p>