UCSC SIP 2020

@Necati Mine is Globular Clusters in the Hubble Frontier Field Cluster Abell 2744. Türkler olarak ele geçirmişiz programı. Biri daha gelsin de okey oynarız.

@otomatikpivot Nesibe Aydin, it’s in Ankara

@otomatikpivot @caracal03 Kaçıncı sınıfsınız

@caracal03 11

@caracal03 11 (linkedin den tanıştık bu arada biz otomatikpivot ile, benim hesap ismim aynı)

@caracal03 evet @Necati ile tanıştık. Lİnkedin hesabım direkt adım soyadım: Necdet Çanım. Instagram hesabım da kullanıcı adımla aynı. Tanışmak istersen ulaşabilirsin.

@caracal03 @Necati ikinize de istek attım tanışırsak güzel olur

Their email says - “Our contingency plan includes having the high school interns working remotely on research projects with their UCSC mentors,” so I’m assuming that in the event an in-person internship isn’t feasible, they’ll hold it remotely.

I got waitlisted for BME. Should I write a LOCI sort of email expressing my deep interest in SIP? Or will doing anything like that automatically disqualify me from further consideration?

@rockaboblikesia I believe they have an automatic email system now – not sure if it would help at all (I don’t know if it would have a negative effect, but I know someone who did that and it definitely didn’t have a positive effect.)

Yes I got into Ecology too :slight_smile:

^ @banhnanas

Oops, ignore the above … meant to send that days ago in response to an earlier message, it took forever to get moderated.

anyone else get a waitlist letter after being rejected? this morning i got an email saying “Even though you received an email from us on Friday, April 3 stating that we were unable to make you an admission offer this time around, we have undertaken a second round of reviews and are writing to inform you that we have reversed our earlier decision on your application and have placed you on the waitlist for the 2020 summer edition of the Science Internship Program (SIP).”

@al3xisrobles got an email yesterday night.

@sophMom2021 what do you think the chances are that we get accepted, pretty low right (because they probably sent that same email to 100 people to increase the waitlist size because people are going to say they cant attend because of corona)

@al3xisrobles yes

Interesting! When will all of these emails be sent out???

not sure i got mine around 2:30 am EST

@al3xisrobles
@sophMom2021

For what subjects did you apply for, get rejected for, and now waitlisted for?