UCSC VS. UCR: Need some input quickly

Hi I recently got notified that I got off the UC Santa Cruz wait list which I was super excited about. However, I committed to UCR since I got into there and that was my second choice after UCSC. Well I committed awhile back and i’ve basically already set my mind on UCR since I didn’t think I would make it off the wait list because people usually don’t. I’m really conflicted on what I want to do because UCSC was my dream school but now i’ve fallen in love with UCR. I’m majoring in Philosophy as a prep for law school and I don’t really know which school would be better for that major and career path so some input on that would be greatly appreciated but any information on the two schools that could help me with my decision would be amazing. I only have 5 days to decide so anything would help. Thank you!

Sounds like a no-loose proposition.

Sometimes housing options are limited for wait-list admits. Be sure you’ll be happy with what’s available. If so, visit UCSC one more time, then follow your heart without looking back.

As NCalRent notes, you’re in a good place here. The schools are very comparable in terms of their academic and professional offerings. Look at the living situation - not just housing, but environment, weather, transportation, nearness to family, entertainment and enrichment and culture in the area. Base your decision on where you’ll want to live for four years.