***UCSD 2019 FRESHMAN WAITLIST*** Information, Stats and Discussion

@compug: If this message is legit and not a mistake, I agree with @umpatel’s assessment. All schools admit more students than spots are very aware their of their yield each year (sometimes their numbers are off), but if a certain # of applicants have already SIR’d, they are probably projecting no spots available on May 1. Students on the waitlist should call admissions first to confirm that this message is correct for this years waitlisted students.

The message was deleted now FYI…

That is strange my applicant portal does not say that

maybe it was deleted yea, probs a mistake

UCSD’s yield is typically in the 20% range. Last year it was closer to 30%. A large majority of people generally SIR in the final week, so I would find it really hard to believe that UCSD would have had so many SIRs to have projected no waitlist room availability at this point. If today were April 29, maybe, but not before then. Anyhow, the message, if true, could nevertheless be an indication that waitlist clearance may be scant this year.

Yes my S confirmed the message was deleted today. Maybe it was a mistake.

I don’t see anything saying they don’t have room, is there still a chance I could be selected off of the waitlist?

@FireScarab they removed the message from everyone so you may have had it but not seen it.

@taemaster I’ve sent them one stating my interest, but I only got back an email titling “personal reply” which is actually written by the machine. Here is the content:
"Hello,

Thank you for your email. UC San Diego received over 99,000 admission applications for freshman admission; and unfortunately, the campus could not offer admission to all applicants. If you would like to opt-in to our waitlist, please submit the Waitlist Opt-in Form provided in your applicant portal. The form must be submitted by April 15 for freshman applicants and May 15 for transfer applicants.
For students who have opted into the waitlist, please be advised that UC San Diego does not know at this time whether we will even go to the waitlist. If an applicant was offered admission to another campus, we strongly encourage that applicant to accept that offer of admission.

Sincerely,"

Guess all we can do is wait :frowning: hopefully they come right after may 1st I doubt it though

“You have opted into the UC San Diego freshman waitlist. Being on the waitlist does not guarantee an offer of admission. Your application demonstrated great promise and if space becomes available, we may be able to offer you admission from the waitlist.”

Did everyone get the same message?

yup

YALL THEY SENT LETTERS OUT

GOOD LUCK

Off the waitlist for political science(1st choice major) and for Roosevelt college

Off the waitlist for human bio for revelle

Off the waitlist for human bio for revelle

I got waitlisted at UCSD but got into SDSU, is there any way I can get around the payment of the intent to enroll deposit for SDSU which is $400.00, while I wait for UCSD final decision on whether they accepted time or not by the end of June. And if UCSD does reject me will I still be able to attend SDSU? Helppppppp

I GOT IN!!!

Does anyone know what we are suppose to do next? like how do we make our student accounts?