***UCSD 2019 FRESHMAN WAITLIST*** Information, Stats and Discussion

In state, major psychology

Psychology

I got in for biochem. I am instate.

@outami yoh! I also got in as biochem!! lets be friends!! haha

any human bio? revelle?

was this the only wave of acceptances off the waitlist? do you think there will be any more acceptances coming?

I called admissions today. They said that it varies every year. Some years there is one wave of acceptance and some other years there are multiple.

@4everpraying is that all they said? like what did they say exactly?

@angelzv that was it. The lady who answered said that she has no idea if that was the one wave of waitlist acceptances or if there would be more. She said it varies from one year to the next and they don’t know what this year is like

@4everpraying I feel like they did them quite early tho. like It says that they give you 5 days to reject or accept the waitlist offer. wouldn’t that mean that a lot of people rejected UCSD admission in the first place, which is why they started doing waitlist? and they sent them out on friday? so that means May 1st is the deadline. and after that won’t they see how many more spots they have ? That’s my assumption idk :frowning:

@angelzv I think it’s a very reasonable assumption. Hang in there? we’ll find out soon

You have opted in to the UC San Diego freshman waitlist. Being on the waitlist does not guarantee an offer of admission. Your application demonstrated great promise and if space becomes available, we may be able to offer you admission from the waitlist.

Please be patient, as this process may take some time. We will release final application decisions to this Applicant Portal by the end of June.

Students admitted from the waitlist will have five days to accept the offer of admission through the Applicant Portal.

Did everyone get the same message?

@Linna513321 I have the same message too. However, I am worried that they may not accept any more people because of the message that showed up a few weeks ago where they announced that they had reached enrollment capacity and won’t take any more people from the waitlist.

@NorcalGangGang yeah that message showed up back then and they removed it. don’t believe that and just wait. I got in from waitlist 5 days ago. just wait yoh!! accept other college offer first

@iLoveLuffy Wait, you already got in off the waitlist at UCSD? or a different school?

Does anybody know when the next wave is coming out? Also, did anyone get off the waitlist for engineering?

@Dragontt25 Was there already a wave of acceptances/rejections today??

@destes yeah!! I got accepted already out of the waitlist. I was really surprised when I got an email from them saying that there is a recent update on my portal. I got the email April 26

@iLoveLuffy Wow! Congrats! I’m praying so hard for this school to come through for me :confused: I can’t take another rejection! Just out of curiosity, did you submit a letter of continued interest to them, or did you just accept your waitlist position and hope for the best?

@destes I’ll pray for you too!! I just accepted the waitlist. is UCSD your first choice?