UCSD Biology Capped major

I’m an undeclared freshman at UCSD and I am trying to get into biology. It became capped like a year or two ago and I know I have to take certain classes to apply. I am set to complete all of the courses by the end of the next quarter but I am scared because I got off to rough start. I have decent grades and will probably end up in the low 3.0 range, if i do well next quarter hopefully 3.25. The cutoff for the application is 2.5 which isn’t a problem. My question is is there anyone who has applied biology in the last two years and either got in or got rejected from the major and has an idea for how good my GPA needs to be?? because the engineering majors are capped but you need like a 3.9 to get in so if thats the same case with biology I have no chance and would like some warning so I can prepare to transfer schools next year. Thank you! any info on capped major biology that would be helpful would be aweosme :)>-

Contact the Biological sciences department and ask how many applicants were able to switch into Biology and what was the GPA target.