**UCSD Class of 2025 Waitlist Discussion**

do you think it’s possible for a literature: writing major to get off the waitlist?

I think we don’t have much opportunity to get off the waitlist this year

What are the chances of public health major getting off UCSD waitlist?

At this point, it is hard to predict whom will they take off the waitlist. Anything is possible but I have a feeling it will drag on for a while with small waves of acceptances.

2 Likes

Hey Gumbymom have you heard anyone get of the ucsd wl for data science?

I only follow CC discussions so I have not specifically seen that anyone has posted that they were admitted for Data Science from the waitlist. However, since CC posters are only a small minority of waitlisted students, there is no way to know for sure.

will there be a large waitlist wave for ucsd?

Hi #CrossCountryKid, congratulation on your latest news. My S is also on the waiting list with the same major as you. We have some questions, can you please please please let us know if we chat with you? Thank You!

For sure, there is no way they get the amount of students they need for CS correct EVERY year! Maybe there’s only 1 or 2 people who actually get lucky enough LOL

i’m not sure but people are saying they’re coming out in small waves

1 Like

what meeting are you exactly talking about?

some UCB waitlist decisions came out today so can we expect a wave soon?

Last year I know someone that got off the waitlist around may 13th so I’m assuming this week we can definitely expect a wave

1 Like

if there could be a big wave in next few days?

okay guys i just talked to an admissions officer and she said it is randomized within the different departments, based on need of whatever majors (they lack) for each .

How can we reach out to an admissions officer? Was it through the admissions office? What major are you waitlisted for?

2 Likes

so instead of it being a wave do you think it’ll just be random acceptances here and there based on space in the major?

Welp… as an instate bio major ig it’s time for me to give up if that’s the case🥲

Anyone know if there are still any chances for Data Science major?

You can reach out by making an appointment for “Virtual Advising” these meetings are like 15 minutes max, but I never usually even hit 10. Ill link the website to make an appointment below. I was waitlisted for the literature: writing B.A. major. Hope this helps!!

https://beatriton.ucsd.edu/portal/virtualadvising