UCSD Class of 2026 Waitlist/Appeal Discussion

I got off the waitlist for Mathematics-applied science in warren college. In state, got an email around 4:50pm.

4 Likes

congrats! i also got mine around 4:50, do you think todays was all acceptances or both acceptance and rejections?

2 Likes

Congrats to you too!! Iā€™m not sure but I assume itā€™s all acceptance since rejections tend to be sent at the very end when the waitlist closes. Bc ppl who were accepted today can reject the offer, I donā€™t think UCSD sent rejections yet.

3 Likes

Is this a new request from Newsom for an additional 6000 seats? Or did the UCs already factor those 6000 seats into the admissions outcome this year? In other words, are there new seats being added that could make a difference to waitlisted students?

2 Likes

Congratulations!Does your portal also reflect the same info?

Congrats!
What is the deadline for acceptance?

It is May 25th for me

1 Like

I got off the waitlist today for Communication in Warren College. Congrats to everyone who also got in today and I hope others will also get in!!

6 Likes

Could there be any more coming out today?

Most likely not since the UCSD admissions office closes at 4pm. Since the deadline to accept the offer is May 25th, they will likely send another wave on the 26th or 27th. In the portal it says that all decisions will have been sent out by June 1st, but itā€™s hard to tell if thatā€™ll be the case, or if they will extend decisions into the summer.

4 Likes

the portal says by end of june

2 Likes

was it your first choice major?

has anyone gotten off for a capped major like biology or for undeclared?

3 Likes

Anyone gotten off for Political Science - Data Analytics?

Any movement for CS major?

Yes it was!

Any one get off wait-list for behavioral economics?

havenā€™t heard any yet; unfortunately canā€™t expect much with cs :melting_face:

Have any international or out of state applicants got off the waitlist today?

Thatā€™s what I want to know too. Will UCSD accept any international student from the waitlist? I havenā€™t heard any case.