UCSD Class of 2026 Waitlist/Appeal Discussion

Class of 2022 posts show more of a truckle of admits around May 7-10.

Class of 2021 had 2 waves around May 5 and May 24.

Again, every year is different.

2 Likes

Do you know any wave for international students? Now what I have seen are all American students who get off waitlist.

1 Like

Yes, there was one International student admit on May 19th. Just because no one posts on social media, does not mean there have not been any admits.

2 Likes

OK! Thank you for your information

do you think that all the acceptance waves are over? now all that’s left are rejections?

Wish I had an answer unfortunately I am not privy to any information regarding the waitlist admissions.

Thanks. If your’e willing can u pls share ur stats. Just for reference

1 Like

Based on previous normal year data then, it must be uncommon to see a third wave of decisions for most UCs. So would that mean that UCSD’s wave cycle is essentially complete? Is it time to move on?

I have only really seen a 3rd admission wave with the 2020 waitlist which is the outlier. Previous years were either 1-2 waves and some cases a trickle.

My advice is that a waitlist is a soft reject and you should have moved on to the school you SIR’d on May 1. If you are accepted off the waitlist, then it is just “icing on the cake.”

would that count for transfer waitlist as well ? that the two waves or waitlist acceptances would be it ?

I have not researched the transfer waitlist. It varies from year to year. You can go back and look at previous year’s discussions to see how many admit waves there were for transfers.

We just received an email saying they are unable to offer admission. Looks like the waitlist is done?

1 Like

Just got rejected rip

1 Like

yep

1 Like

My daughter was accepted at UCR, UCSC, and UCD. I had never been to Davis before and when we visited, I thought it was great. It’s where I would pick to go to school. The campus was clean, new, there’s plenty of student housing, ranked highly, etc. I couldn’t get my daughter to see the positives and she just didn’t want to go to school in the middle of farm land. She’s accepted out of state and we are still waiting to hear from UCSD. Congratulations on UCD.

Sorry to hear. Is this the rejection from waitlist. Is there a portal update too?

Yea. Portal update with rejection message and an email.

1 Like

what major are you?

Also, are you in state/ OOS ?

Mine still says WAITLIST CONFIRMATION. Didn’t get an email and nothing has changed in my portal. Anybody else seeing no change?

8 Likes