UCSD Class of 2026 Waitlist/Appeal Discussion

Did they have this appear just now?

1 Like

Oh okay, same with me! It could mean something but we will just have to see!

1 Like

Just curiousā€“I have the ā€œReview and Submitā€ section with ā€œForms,ā€ but I donā€™t have the ā€œUpload Materialsā€ section under that. I donā€™t think I have ever had this section (in-state).

2 Likes

deleted

What deleted?

Thank you for the kind message.
It looks like UCSD has closed their waitlist yesterday. My son received an email from them to check his portal. Heā€™d been ā€œreleased from the waitlistā€ (rejected :D). Did your daughter get accepetd through waitlist? SLO is a great school. If she wants to pursuit advanced degree, she can always apply after her undergraduate, which I believe will get her well prepared for post graduate study. UCSD is very strong in anything biology related. My daughte attends UCSD and is graduating one year early (she wanted to major in business but SD doesnā€™t have the program for undergrad so she went for Communication major). She loves the experience. Best of luck to your daughter.

Is it truly closed if only a certain amount of people got rejected off of it?

2 Likes

I heard this cycle of rejections is common within the law school admissions realm. This happened when my sister was on the waitlist at a few law schools where they begin rejecting but still have room for accepting. It might be possible that they are changing the way they handle with the waitlist?

Hey, so I actually called UCSD Admissions office just now, and they said that they did in fact send out a few decisions to let people know that they wouldnā€™t be attending, but they still plan to use the WL for other majors through June/the end of summer.

9 Likes

Thank you for reaching out! I guess the waiting game is still continuing.

1 Like

Thanks for checking, did they say if it is for specific majors, since I see people rejected from various majors and not just CS/Engineering

3 Likes

Thank you for the update. I feel like Iā€™m awaiting the call from the Governor for a stay of execution. Still on the WLā€¦

Daughter is in state Psych major

1 Like

anyone rejected for a bio/hum bio major yet?

1 Like

I heard that my sonā€™s friend was rejected for bio/human bio major yesterday.

3 Likes

It kinda makes sense that they reject people they know they donā€™t have space for (all the capped CS and engineering majors). However, @Gumbymom did say that ā€œIf UCSD is sending waitlist rejections, it means they have reached their enrollment target and will probably be closing the waitlist.ā€ She also hasnā€™t seen them reject certain applicants and keep others.

1 Like

interestingā€¦ i am human bio major and still on WL, so if someone was rejected for a bio major due to it being capped, I donā€™t see why Iā€™d still be on it

3 Likes

Thatā€™s a really good point, and considering the response from the admissions office itself it seems likely that they might accept a few off the wl.

3 Likes

this year has been so crazy so iā€™d say thereā€™s a first time for anything

2 Likes

They didnā€™t have any specific information other than that the WL is still open, and they plan on using it until June/July-ish. Iā€™m going to guess that they only rejected people from all the capped majors from what people are saying on this forum.

4 Likes

portal says WL will close at end of june, so does this mean theyā€™re extending it ?

2 Likes