UCSD Class of 2026 Waitlist/Appeal Discussion

Thank you for responding. The UCs were truly brutal this year, even more so for engineering/CS.

I didn’t get waitlisted at UC Berkeley (got rejected lol) and got waitlisted at UCI, but i did get into UCSC and UCSB. I consider myself very lucky for even getting into a UC at this point. I didn’t get into Cal Poly SLO but got into SJSU. Planning to attend UCSB.

Diablo Valley College is a great choice! It has really high transfer rates to Berkeley :slight_smile:

With test blind and rising applicant numbers, the days of applicants being able to sweep the mid-tier UCs are over.

2 Likes

But as they say, it’s not over till it’s over. If your son hasn’t gotten a rejection letter yet, that means there’s still a chance, for both of us. If I get off the waitlist at UCSD I’ll probably turn it down because I want to stay at UCSB, so hopefully that helps your son. I’m sure he’ll do great things, wherever his college career takes him.

4 Likes

That is so nice of you and thank you for the kind words and encouragement. I will let him know it. Hopefully, your good deed helps my son or one of the other kids who really like UCSD or are desperate to get in. Good luck to you. You will be successful one day.

2 Likes

UCs are brutal. My son was devastated. He was hoping just for one UC… just one! But he has no luck.

Congrats on your UC and SJSU acceptance. Many kids will be so envious of your position right now, and that includes my son.

And yes, DVC is an excellent CC school. Plus 0 $ tuition fee :slight_smile: so in a way that helps the bad mood LOL

You are correct…what we thought of sure ball entry into UCs UC like Davis and SC is over. I feel bad for the next generations of CS kids. They better have plan B, C and even Ds LOL

Does DVC has an assured entry to UCB CS(think its called TAG)?

@tem_le: UCB does not participate in TAG. Only UCM and UCR now accept TAG for CS majors. UCB has TAP but this is not a guaranteed admission.

2 Likes

My son in sim situation as a CS major.
Waitlisted at ucsd, uci, ucsc and Calpoly SLO,
He would take any one of these! Still hasn’t heard a word!
Rejected sj state and other uc’s. Unfortunately he didn’t apply any more csu’s so it might be CC for him at Berkeley city college.
Pretty brutal out there🙁

1 Like

I don’t believe ucsc does TAG for CS major either! :slightly_frowning_face:

Sorry, you are correct. They discontinued TAG for CS for Fall 2022.

2 Likes

My son received his rejection off the waitlist for UCSD 2 days ago (Bio-Engineering) He is Valedictorian at his high school with a 4.86 GPA. Just got accepted at UCI for biomedical engineering.

13 Likes

My son just got the email to check his portal: rejection. Major is aerospace, in state. He already committed to UCLA but the UCs were a lotto this year.

3 Likes

Congrats to your son on UCLA. Did he get rejection today or 2 days before.

1 Like

He got it 3 days ago.

1 Like

Everybody know it is a crazy year. A lot of well qualified CA students (top 9%) don’t even have a single offer from the UCs they applied. Most students feel grateful if they get admitted by one. Yet some parents are venting about kids not admitted to multiple UCs.

14 Likes

I just logged into my portal and the waitlist confirmation is no longer there. Can anyone still on the waitlist confirm?

It’s there for me.

1 Like

Check again, did you get off?

Yes I did! I received an email at 4:47pm to check my portal.

3 Likes

Congrats! Which major and college?

Thank you! Biochemistry in Marshall