UCSD Class of 2026 Waitlist/Appeal Discussion

Same for mine! Davis is a really great fit academically so she would have to be admitted into her first choice major (Cog Science) and in one of her preferred colleges for her to make the switch at this point I think. I just doubt that both of those things would happen but maybe I’m still a bit hopeful:) She has wanted to go to UCSD for years so it took a lot for her to embrace a different choice.

3 Likes

I’m so glad she feels like Davis is a good fit. It’s hard waiting around for waitlists, especially this year where it seems so many waitlist offers have been offered. It would be nice to feel “settled” after May 1st!

1 Like

Can you ask for the 2nd choice major if you come off the waitlist on first choice major?

You will be admitted by UCSD based on your original choices, either 1st choice or alternate or Undeclared. It will also depend upon what is your first choice vs. alternate choice? You could contact admissions and ask if you are allowed to switch if admitted off the waitlist however, most likely you would need go through the change of major process once you enroll.

Thanks, will wait for the waitlist decision first then. :slight_smile:

Hi everyone. For those on the waitlist, at the bottom of the portal, do any of you guys have a message saying:

APPLICATION STATUS UPDATE

If attending UC San Diego remains a goal for you, please consider applying as a transfer student after you have successfully completed the admission requirements for transfers at a community college or another university. Every year, transfer students represent approximately 33% of our incoming class. Please visit our website for more information.

We appreciate your continued interest in UC San Diego and wish you the best in the pursuit of your educational goals.

Does this mean I got rejected? Or a possible rejection?

i have this too as a waitlisted applicant, but i think the portal may be glitched out. I am pretty sure that those who were rejected in march got this message. It also says my name at the top of the portal, which was shown before regular decisions came out. This may be a good sign that some waitlist decisions may come out very soon

1 Like

I have it too . . .

My son has it too. Not sure if its good or bad sign. We need to wait and see

2 Likes

Same here

1 Like

I have it too

I have it as well…

I have it too

1 Like

me too ■■■■■ I guess we got rejected. #Im a bannana slug

1 Like

Has anybody been accepted off the UCSD waitlist ? Anybody out there that doesn’t have the this verbiage on there website profile?

I doubt that it means anything.

No admits off the waitlist yet and do not read anything into the verbiage about reapplying as a transfer.

2 Likes

:white_check_mark: thanks.

I contacted admissions office tech support and they have removed the message now stating its incorrect.

7 Likes

:+1:thanks!

1 Like