UCSD Data Science vs UCI/UCSB/UCD Computer Science

I have been admitted into UCSD for my 2nd choice major, Data Science.
But I have been waitlisted into my 1st choice major, Computer Science at UCI/UCSB/UCD.

I like USCD as it is better ranked than UCI/UCSB/UCD, but I did not get into the intended major of Computer Science.

I am looking for advice on whether to join UCSD Data Science vs UCI/UCSB/UCD Computer Science if confirmed.

I do not have a preference for a major, but looking for a well-paid job in a big company. What should I choose?

Basically I would like you to rank
UCSD - Data Science
UCI - Computer Science
UCSB - Computer Science
UCD - Computer Science

If UCSD is your preferred campus, the Data Science major will help you attain your end goal. Just remember that no school is going to hand you internships and jobs, it is up to you to take advantage of all the resources available at UCSD.

Definitely check out the career center at UCSD and see which companies recruit there. The UCSD area has many tech companies nearby which is helpful.

Although my son did not go to UCSD, he interned for a cybersecurity firm in Carlsbad, worked as a Cybersecurity analyst as a new grad in Del Mar for a Healthcare Information technology company and now has landed his dream job at his dream company in Carlsbad.

Best of luck.

1 Like