accepted
Major: nanoengineering
GPA: 3.21
Extracurriculars: 4-5 clubs, research lab, soccer referee
IGETC status: yes

In-state/OOS/International?: In-State
School Type: 4-year OOS university
Income Bracket:
Other (Strengths, weaknesses, hooks, etc.): multiple scholarships, 2 internships
Where else did you apply/TAG?: UCM (accepted), UCSC (accepted), UCR (rejected)

Waitlisted :sob:

Major: Computer Science
GPA: 3.95
AS-T: No
Pre-reqs: All
Golden Four: all A
Local: long beach
Leadership positions: None
Accepted: UCI, UCSB, UCD, UCR, SJSU, Cal Poly SLO, Cal Poly Pomona, CSULB, CSUF,
Waitlisted: UCLA, UCSD
Rejected: UC Berkeley

Deciding between UCI and UCSB for now.

Accepted . Data Science.

Which prereqs did you not complete? And thank you for your response!

Hey, I’m looking to transfer as a studio art major in co2026 and I was wondering if ur from a CCC or not? I have the same GPA but I’m just worried that my chance will be a lot lower since I’m from out of state LAC :frowning:

Priority for UC Transfers goes to California CC transfers. Out of state transfers have the lowest priority in the UC Transfer hierarchy.

That said the UC transfer GPA admit range for Studio Art (2022 most recent data) was 3.31-3.87. This data is only for CA CC transfers.

Since a portfolio is an optional requirement for admission, the portfolio may have more weight in the decision along with meeting the transfer course requirements vs. GPA.

Thanks for the detailed and quick response. I will absolutely be including a portfolio as I don’t have many classes from my major completed (the school I’m at right now has next to no studio art classes!). The lack of major classes on my transcript is a little scary too :frowning:

Any UCSD computer science transfer waitlist movement?

My son was on the UCSD computer science waitlist. In order for him to accept the waitlist, he had to select a second choice major. All of the second choice majors were not in engineering or computer science. He was notified today that he was accepted in as a business major. LOL. He is proceeding with his transfer to UCI in computer science.

Just got off for the waitlist for my 3rd choice major! does this mean I don’t have a chance to still get in for my 1st or 2nd choice major?

Depends upon what were the 1st and 2nd majors and if they are capped? Look at the requirements to change majors once you matriculate to see if it is possible.

Did you get an email notification or check the portal?

My daughter got off the waitlist for data science yesterday and received an email.

My first and second majors are both in the College of Engineering and all the majors in the College of Engineering are capped I believe. So I’m assuming that means it will be difficult to switch to them.

1 Like

I checked the portal since I heard some people got off the waitlist. They sent an email too but it went to my spam.

If the majors are CS/CSE, then unless you have a direct admit as a Transfer, there is no chance to change majors. Other Engineering majors may be possible if you check the website. You could also call the specific Engineering departments to determine if it is worth taking a chance and trying to change majors.

I didn’t complete the math and CS prereqs.