UCSD or UCD?

<p>I know there are a plethora of these “school x vs school y” threads, but I can’t come to a decision. Money is not an issue, since both schools are both giving me a substantial amount of money, although ucsd is giving me more. I’d appreciate if people who go to these schools could list the pros and cons of both school? I don’t really care about the reputation or the prestige of the schools. What I care about are things like how nice the campus looks, the food, social scene, and if it would be better for my major (either history or environmental analysis or both.) Also, how are the dorms there? I’m leaning more towards davis right now since I hear SD has absolutely no social life.</p>

<p>Oh I also forgot to mention that UCSD is giving me the Chancellors Scholarship, which has lots of benefits.</p>

<p>UCD is well known for its environmental departments.</p>

<p>Environmental & Resource Sciences
Environmental Biology and Management
Environmental Horticulture & Urban Forestry
Environmental Policy Analysis & Planning
Environmental Toxicology </p>

<p>link
<a href="http://admissions.ucdavis.edu/academics/majors_by_alpha.cfm%5B/url%5D"&gt;http://admissions.ucdavis.edu/academics/majors_by_alpha.cfm&lt;/a&gt;&lt;/p>

<p>As for how the campus looks, the dorms, and the social scene here are some photos that should help. Use the links on the left to view even more.
<a href="http://photos.ucdavis.edu/display_cat.lasso?category=Student%20life%5B/url%5D"&gt;http://photos.ucdavis.edu/display_cat.lasso?category=Student%20life&lt;/a&gt;&lt;/p>

<p>Will you have an opportunity to visit?</p>

<p>UCD social life > UCSD social life</p>

<p>assuming the same amount of effort to go out and do stuff/meet people is exerted at both schools.</p>

<p>I got a Chancellor's Scholarship from UCSD and I plan on majoring in History too! I'm pretty sure I am going to UCSD because the perks and money from the Chancellor's Scholarship are so awesome and Davis is too close to home. Which college are you in for UCSD?</p>

<p>collegemom16 I'm planning to visit on the 13th, but I'm not sure. If it wasn't for the Chancellors Scholarship I probably wouldn't consider UCSD, but it has some good benefits...this is such a hard choice. And to adzuki I got into Muir, you?</p>

<p>I'm in Muir too. :D</p>

<p>haha cool. The weird thing is that UCSD is giving me more money than UCD..weird isn't it. I've heard that there isn't a lot to do at UCSD, since everyone is too busy studying. I don't want to go to school where everybody just studies, I want to have some fun also.</p>

<p>ucd and ucsd are pretty nerdy schools if you wanted a party school drop down to sb</p>

<p>yeah i meant to apply there but applied to santa cruz by accident.</p>

<p>j0ey0ey UCD is not a nerdy school. My d goes there and it is a very spirited school with a lot of parties, sports, clubs and activities. It is just not a crazy party school. There is a good balance.</p>

<p>How hard are inter UC transfers? I was thinking that I might go to UCSD and if I don't like it there I could transfer to UCDavis after a semester or something. However, I've heard that inter UC transfers are virtually impossible, so I don't know. Has anyone ever done anything like this? Also, I want to go to a school far away, which is why Davis is more appealing. UCSD is too close for me. And also, can people call the admissions office and ask for more financial aid? UCSD is giving me around 5 thousand dollars more than Davis, with only 1000 in loans, whereas Davis is giving me 4000 in loans..how is that possible..</p>

<p>Possibly because you chose environmental analysis and UCD is the premiere UC for anything to do with environmental studies.</p>

<p>Inter campus transfering is not impossible, it's just harder than CC bceause cc tranfers get priority over inter campus transfers and csu students</p>

<p>collegemom16 is it common for people to ask for more money? If it wasn't for the money I'd go to Davis.</p>

<p>It's worth trying. It's not like they're going to rescind your application. I know people can wrestle more aid money out of private universities by showing them the aid packages they're getting from other schools, but I'm not sure if public universities would be susceptible to that.</p>

<p>I would let them know what UCSD is offering and see if they can match it.</p>