UCSD (Regents) vs UC Berkeley for Biological Sciences

Daughter is deciding between UCSD and Berkeley for final decision. She is biological science major- pre med route. Doesn’t have a lean towards one school or the other. any thoughts or feeback would be appreciated.

we will be visiting Cal Day and Triton Day

UCSD offered her Regent scholarship so my choice would be San Diego ! haha

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: UC Berkeley Class of 2027 Official Thread

Priority registration plus the scholarship are huge perks for UCSD especially for the Pre-Med track. First chance at choice classes and professors along with access to Research opportunities, no contest here UCSD.

3 Likes

@sirenlily, I moved this question into a new thread as I think there are others who are also comparing the two schools.

Congratulations on receiving Regents! Regents will make life easier and provide more opportunities in undergrad. I also vote for UCSD.

1 Like

thank you for your feedback! very helpful! I hope my daughter will decide wisely!

Thank you! I hope my daughter realizes the benefits of Regents! There is an orientation this Friday for the Scholars Society at UCSD. She can get more insight on what they have to offer!

2 Likes

Another vote for taking the Regents if they offer priority registration. My older kid is Regents at UCI and the registration and housing priority have been great benefits.

2 Likes

I’ll also put in a vote for whichever UC gives you a chance at priority registration. I just cannot express enough how golden that would be at any UC.

1 Like

Priority registration and easier access to research plus grade deflation at Cal makes this a close but clear choice. I would attend both admit days and unless there is a red flag you discover with UCSD, I would go there.

2 Likes

Plus UCSD Regents offers a research opportunity.

Research program

Participation in a cutting-edge research program during the first quarter of enrollment, subject to availability. Physical Sciences, Arts & Humanities, Social Sciences, and Engineering are some of the participating divisions.

While the Regents Scholarship program is a UC systemwide program, the Regents Scholars Research Initiative (RSRI) program is unique to UC San Diego. More information is provided in the admit packet sent to Regents Scholars in March.

4 Likes