UCSD/UCLA Chances? Look at my stats please!

Hey guys, this is my first time posting onto college confidential. I’m going to be a High School Senior this year, and going to be applying pretty soon after summer. Because of this I’m getting pretty nervous haha. I was just wondering what my chances of getting into UCSD or UCLA would be? I’d love to go to UCLA but right now I’m really looking at UCSD. I want to major perhaps in History!

My Total GPA is 3.96 weighted, 3.43 unweighted
My 10-12 GPA is 4.11 weighted, 3.41 unweighted

I know my GPA is not the best but I took a very heavy course load my junior year
AP Biology
AP English Language
AP United States History
AP Calc A/b
AP Art History
Spanish 2

I’m going to be continuing my heavy course load into my senior year, and plan on taking :
AP English Literature
AP Econ/Goc
AP Psychology
AP Enviornmental Science
AP Statistics
Spanish 3

I’ve only taken the SAT one time, and got a 2100. I’m not sure if I should take it again to try and do better.

My ECs are
2 years of Mock Trial, both years as Team Attorneys
3 Years of Model United Nations, and serving as Secretary General of the club
I was a part of the Constitutional Rights Foundation’s Peer Court Program (This summer)

Thanks ahead of time! And I’m sorry if I missed anything I’m pretty clueless about the college app process, and have a lot to learn.

UC GPA? http://rogerhub.com/gpa-calculator-uc/

If I did that calc right, it’s a 3.69

Your SAT is competitive but your UC GPA is on the low side in comparison to last years averages.
SCHOOL/UC GPA/SAT

UCLA/4.17/2067
UCB/4.18 /2071
UCSD/4.13/2018
UCSB/4.03/1925
UCD/4.07/1924
UCI/4.05/1867
UCSC/3.82/1782
UCR/3.77/1739
UCM/3.61/1638

Most of the UC’s will be difficult with your UC GPA although your test score will help. Since you are a rising Senior, unless you take some classes this summer to bump up your GPA, your GPA is set. Senior grades are not considered in admission decisions. You have a very rigorous HS course which play into your favor but you also need good grades in these courses. Is there some reason which can be addressed in your essays for some lower grades?

There is no reason not to apply to some of these schools but understand they may be Reaches. Good Luck and if you are unsure of your GPA calculation you can post your 10-11th grades and I could check your calculation or you could PM. Also are you in-state CA or OOS?

UCB, UCLA and UCSD are pretty unlikely due to your GPA - your ECs aren’t terribly competitive either.

UCD, UCI and UCSB could happen with a very strong essay.

UCR, UCSC and UCM you will probably get in.

Note though, lots of well qualified applicants are rejected from each UC every year. Be sure to apply broadly and have a back-up plan.

Good luck

You’re stats are amazing :slight_smile: but you need to present yourself good as a whole too . Like many people have outstanding test scores and gpa , I would suggest more leadership positions , and different ways to distinguish yourself as different you know . You definitely have a chance :slight_smile: good luck !