UCSD vs UCD vs UCSC vs UCSB

Hi all.
I’m trying to decide between UC San Diego, UC Davis, UC Santa Cruz, and UC Santa Barbara for undergrad and I’m having a tough time.

UCSD: Admitted for Cognitive Science. If I went there, I would plan on specializing in neural computation/machine learning and going into the tech field. I got into Roosevelt college, which wasn’t my first choice and wasn’t too impressive for me, but I liked the surrounding area a lot.

UCD: Admitted for undeclared life science. Would probably major in Genetics & Genomics to pursue a career as a genetic researcher/molecular biologist.
(i have the same plan with the following colleges)

UCSC: Admitted for Biomolecular Engineering and Bioinformatics. My question is: would this be a really good program for going into “genetic engineering”? That is, better than a degree in biochem or molecular biology from UCSB?
Would I have a shot at getting into the field (say, with a Silicon Valley genetics company) with just a bachelor’s? I figure that, in the case that I would have to go to grad school for molecular biology or something related anyway, I would prefer doing UCSB for undergrad.

UCSB: Admitted for pre-biology major with Honors.

Sorry for all the information. Thanks a bunch!

Have you visited all the campuses? Any personal likes/dislikes at these campuses? Cost differences?

Based on your preferred career path, anyone of these schools will meet that goal academically since they will all have research opportunities. Also to me it looks like graduate school would be in your future. Where do you see yourself spending the next 4 years?

College is the whole experience so which one fits you academically, socially and financially?

I cannot comment on which choice of major is better, since you can achieve your goal with any of the majors listed.