UCSD Vs. UCD

<p>"Well maybe someday you can grow up become king and impose those limits on others freedom of speech."</p>

<p>It looks like dmission from UCD has already beat him to it. In fact, he's just deciding right now if you're a troll and spreading lies.</p>

<p>LOL!! Nice one collegemom16.</p>

<p>It would seem there are also no limits to the age of maturity.</p>

<p>My post was completely serious. I value freedom of speech.</p>

<p>
[quote]
It looks like dmission from UCD has already beat him to it. In fact, he's just deciding right now if you're a troll and spreading lies.

[/quote]

First of all, I don't attend UCD. Second of all, you can't disagree that was a troll. Thirdly, I never called anyone a liar. </p>

<p>So: 1) don't criticize me, 2) stay on topic, 3) read posts, etc.</p>

<p>"Second of all, you can't disagree that was a troll."</p>

<p>Why can't I disagree that it was a troll? Several posters have already disagreed, but I can't? Why not, let me guess. Is it because I would contradict your ideas and that's a big no-no?</p>

<p>"Thirdly, I never called anyone a liar."</p>

<p>Well then, what's this statement below?</p>

<p>"Usually, trolls are liers, that's why I said that. Not only do their opinions contradict mine, but nearly everyone else's on the thread..."</p>

<p>You call the poster a troll then state that trolls are liars. Maybe you should read your own posts. However, if you mean that you called the troll a "lier," and not a liar, then I guess your third statement would be correct.</p>

<p>"It would seem there are also no limits to the age of maturity."</p>

<p>Agreed.</p>

<p>"Obviously a troll. Joined this month and first and only post in this topic. Not to mention it's pretty obvious this person has never been to either school."</p>

<p>Please dont critisize others if you dont want to get critisized.</p>

<p>Im pretty sure throughout this thread your words were read clear that you called kimatren a troll; then you went along to explain that trolls are liars.</p>

<p>If you didn't then this discussion will not be happening and everyone would have stayed on topic. </p>

<p>"First of all, I don't attend UCD. Second of all, you can't disagree that was a troll."</p>

<p>It's funny how you say your not from UCD when you get so defensive when theres trash talk about UCD. I've read lot's of your post and there's definitely a trend of gearing towards UCD. Going by your logic, since most of your post gear towards UCD, then you must be from UCD.</p>

<p>
[quote]
"Second of all, you can't disagree that was a troll."</p>

<p>Why can't I disagree that it was a troll? Several posters have already disagreed, but I can't? Why not, let me guess. Is it because I would contradict your ideas and that's a big no-no?</p>

<p>Well then, what's this statement below?</p>

<p>"Usually, trolls are liers, that's why I said that. Not only do their opinions contradict mine, but nearly everyone else's on the thread..."</p>

<p>You call the poster a troll then state that trolls are liars. Maybe you should read your own posts. However, if you mean that you called the troll a "lier," and not a liar, then I guess your third statement would be correct.</p>

<p>"It would seem there are also no limits to the age of maturity."</p>

<p>Agreed.

[/quote]

Please explain why you disagree. The first post ever of that user in this topic? So flagrantly one sided? And only post, I might add.</p>

<p>Look up the word usually.</p>

<p>Makes me wonder if you really got into Cal somehow. ;)</p>

<p>Anyway, stop trying to distract from the issue at hand, though it seems you've already done that.</p>

<p>
[quote]
"Obviously a troll. Joined this month and first and only post in this topic. Not to mention it's pretty obvious this person has never been to either school."</p>

<p>Please dont critisize other if you dont want to get critisized.</p>

<p>Im pretty sure throughout this thread your words were read clear that you called kimatren a troll; then you went along to explain that trolls are liars.</p>

<p>If you didn't then this discussion will not be happening and everyone would have stayed on topic.</p>

<p>"First of all, I don't attend UCD. Second of all, you can't disagree that was a troll."</p>

<p>It's funny how you say your not from UCD when you get so defensive when theres trash talk about UCD. I've read lot's of your post and there's definitely a trend of gearing towards UCD. Going by your logic, since most of your post gear towards UCD, then you must be from UCD.

[/quote]

See above. I didn't criticize anyone? Unless you count what I said to tastybeef just now, but that's a sincere thought.</p>

<p>Yes I gear towards UCD. I'm allowed to do that. However I don't bash everyone that disagrees with me like this guy does.</p>

<p>I'm done here. Nothing can come from this topic.</p>

<p>"Please explain why you disagree. The first post ever of that user in this topic? So flagrantly one sided? And only post, I might add."</p>

<p>Well, well, well, the same argument can be used for many of the comments supporting Davis. Yet, I don't see you calling out any of them as trolls.</p>

<p>"Look up the word usually."</p>

<p>Look up the word 'relevant.' If you don't mean that trolls lie, then why would you say that trolls usually lie? If kimatren is a troll that doesn't lie, why would you be discrediting his/her statement in the first place?</p>

<p>"Makes me wonder if you really got into Cal somehow."</p>

<p>Here comes the inferiority complex. Boohoo.</p>

<p>"However I don't bash everyone that disagrees with me like this guy does."</p>

<p>No, you consider everyone who disagrees with you trolls.</p>

<p>Instead of helping blueyoshi most of you have decided to make extreme generalizations about UCD and its students while personally attacking it's current and future students. This board is here to help people make a life changing decision and your asinine arguments are not helping anyone. So please get back on topic and help blueyoshi in his/her decision.</p>

<p>USNews rankings shouldn't be the sole determining factor in a University's prestige; there are other rankings out there. For example, here's ARWU 2007:</p>

<p>UCB: 3
UCLA: 13
UCSD: 14
UCSB: 35
UCD: 43
UCI: 45</p>

<p>I understand ARWU makes some strange decisions (such as ranking Brown 70th), but then again, so does USNews (clearly favors private schools). Both can be trusted only to a certain extent.</p>

<p>Also, those admissions statistics posted earlier pretty much speak for themselves. Regardless of how the USNews rankings might make it seem, UCSD is still considered to be a top-tier UC.</p>

<p>I'm not telling you to choose UCSD based on prestige alone; you should go wherever you will be the happiest. If you like Davis more, go for it. However, I wouldn't take all of those negative rumors about UCSD too seriously - it should only be boring if you make it boring. Otherwise, if you know how to have fun, you will.</p>

<p>Well, it is the first time I have ever been called a troll, what is that about? Actually I am a mom whose daughter really liked Davis and was disappointed on Admit day. I just was asking if anyone had a different experience. </p>

<p>Just to set the record straight, I was in fact at Davis on the 18th before picnic day and was at SD on Admit day.</p>

<p>^Indeed and if people read more closely instead of getting all defensive they would have answered your question.</p>

<p>I for one cant answer it because I haven't visited either schools.
Going by others opinion on their visit, many loved UCD and I have yet to see anyone regret their decision.
I on the other hand chose UCSD, prestige got in the way of my decision; hopefully I made the right decision.
Yes, some may argue UCD and UCSD are in the same caliber in terms of prestige, but I go on a basis of region. My school highly regards UCSD because it is very selective in its applicants, compared UCD which accepts many students from my school.</p>

<p>My brother was accepted at all UC schools and he chose Davis becuase he LIKED IT BEST. His major was communications--which is available everywhere. He said, you have to choose the school that you fall in love with, so that's how he decided. He's now working for Disney, got a job one week after graduation, so it really, really doesnt matter that much what school you go to, it's what you make out of your 4 years that matters....really.</p>

<p>^ Exactly, people should go where they like best.</p>

<p>going where a person likes best may be an important factor, but when considering Davis and San diego, I think you should also consider some prestige too. There are opportunity costs in life and I think if you want a better education and a better job in the future, there has to be some trade offs. You can't just have all at once. If you want better education go to SD. SD has a better academic environment and is considered a "high tier" UC while Davis is still in the Mid Tier. However if you want a slightly more balanced life between studying and social, go to Davis. However solely academic wise, I think SD should be your choice.</p>

<p>UCD and and UCSD are so closely ranked (UCSD having the upper edge), that ultimately, neither is really more prestigious than the other. It should be where the OP likes.</p>

<p>Also, higher ranking doesn't mean better education. UCSD is ranked higher mainly due to its graduate programs, not undergraduate.</p>

<p>I have to agree with dmission. Looking at it this way UCSD is at the top of the middle tier UC's.</p>

<p>20.UCB
21._
22._
23._
24._
25.UCLA
26._
27._
28._
29._
30._
31._
32._
33._
34._
35._
36._
37._
38.UCSD
39._
40._
41._
42.UCD
43._
44.UCSB - UCI</p>

<p>Competitiveness of admission to the school also contributes to prestige; UCSD definitely has a upper hand on that respect.
UCSD Admit Rate: 41.1%
UCD Admit Rate: 58.2%</p>

<p><a href="http://www.universityofcalifornia.ed...ssions/ITU.pdf%5B/url%5D"&gt;http://www.universityofcalifornia.ed...ssions/ITU.pdf&lt;/a&gt;&lt;/p>

<p>Although, I do agree that UCD is a great school. I just feel that UCSD is more prestigious. :)</p>

<p>Addmission rates don't tell you that much. They have only to do with who/how many applied, but nothing about the quality of those applicants. For perspective SDSU had a low acceptance rate this year. Is SDSU better than Cal Poly? As for who got accepted look at the number of A-G courses to see what schools accepted the students who took the most academically rigorous course load. UCSD and UCD students took the same number of A-G courses.</p>