UCSD vs. UCLA/Berkeley for undergrad

<p>If one wanted to get into an amazing graduate school (Ivy League + top tier universities), would UCSD be the best choice for undergrad? I keep hearing that it’s nearly impossible to do very well at UCLA and UC Berkeley. My brother rejected both UCLA and UCB, and is extremely close to a 4.0 at UCSD (neuroscience & physiology major). I asked him if he thought he’d get the same grades at UCLA or UCB, and his reponse was “hell no.”</p>

<p>Not really, the idea that it'd be nearly impossible for you to do well at UCB/UCLA implies there's people that's almost absolutely possible for them to get good grades there. </p>

<p>Whichever college you go to, almost all, if not all, of your grades will be dependent on you, as in whether or not you will be at the mercy under the curve or ahead of the curve will be based on you. Trying to blame your class for getting an average or low grade implies stubbornness and unwilling to improve.</p>

<p>Dude... UCSD is NOT much easier...</p>

<p>Go to a school which has the best environment for you -- where you can see yourself maintaining a good balance in studies, in life. The best environment will vary for each student based on personality, capabilities, maturity etc.</p>