UCSD vs UCSC! please

<p>Hello all,</p>

<p>I am a current student at UCSC and have been accepted to several UCs as an intercampus UC to UC junior transfer, but I am really only considering UCSD. </p>

<p>I am really curious if it is worth it to leave my life behind at UCSC, as I have many friends and a significant other, and attend UCSD based solely on UCSD’s academic reputation. I know a degree from UCSD will be better in the long run if I don’t go to grad school , but I am planning on going to grad school anyway (business or law school) so i don’t think the degree at UCSD will help me that much.</p>

<p>Then again I could be wrong.</p>

<p>Is UCSD really that much better than UCSC? I am currently a Business Management Economics major at UCSC, and am admitted to the Economics Major at UCSD.</p>

<p>ANY ADVICE WOULD BE GREAT :)</p>

<p>UCSC is a great school! You must have a reason for even CONSIDERING other UCs. Unless you have a reason BEYOND prestige, I'd stay at UCSC and take pride in my school :) But then again, I think that you need to do what you TRULY want to do. Since you seem to be happy and settled at UCSC you should really consider if you want to leave that all behind.
But this is just my opinion, and I think that there is more to college than prestige (transferring to UCSB over UCLA :) you need to have a balanced experience, and SC doesn't lack academically.</p>

<p>Stay; sounds like the place is home to you.</p>

<p>What's your GPA? Could you transfer to Berkeley?</p>

<p>nope, didnt get into berkeley because I applied to Haas business school (big mistake I made).</p>

<p>my only real complaint about UCSC as that the job/internship program here is severely lacking and no business company (except for a couple of accounting firms) comes up here to recruit.</p>

<p>ucsd is a great school, but since you have everything going for you at SC just stay</p>

<p>Stay at SC. Prestige shouldn't be your only decision in determining a school and you'll be going to grad school anyhow.</p>

<p>verve-</p>

<p>You are utterly clueless. If you want to get into a top business school you're going to need some top notch work experience. The more prestigous of a school you go to, the more doors the school will open up, the better chance you have at prestigous work experience, thus having a better chance at a top grad school.</p>

<p>UCSD is awesome!</p>

<p>I understand that TWS. I just think that choosing a school based on academics shouldn't be the sole decision in determining where to end up at.
I know people who have done very well at lower tier schools. I happen to like SC more, but I can understand if the TC would rather go to SD.</p>