UCSD vss UCLA!

<p>Hey whats up. I am trying to get info for my friend. Which school is better for undgergrads majoring in Biology and wanting to become a doctor? UCSD or UCLA?</p>

<p>Normally i would say UCLA...</p>

<p>But, UCSD excels in biology and pre-med...</p>

<p>Tough choice.</p>

<p>yeah same here i mean they are both pretty good schools but i thnk when it comes down to bio/pre med i thnk UCSD has the greatness</p>

<p>ucsd..bio major is almost impossible to say no what ucsd offers.</p>

<p>how do you know their "bio major" is good...you're not confusing it with biomed are you? cause they are compeltely different</p>

<p>UCSD is better but if you friend likes any social scene i would go with LA</p>

<p>eh kinda they rock on biosci and bioeng. when u take bioeng. all you do is basically take a little more physics and math.</p>

<p>yeah for biomed/bioeng they own la, they're #3 in the nation =), or shud i say =( because im a LA whore</p>

<p>What are they top 2?</p>

<p>
[quote]
Undergraduate engineering specialties:
Biomedical / Biomedical Engineering
(At schools whose highest degree is a doctorate)</p>

<ol>
<li> Johns Hopkins University (MD)</li>
<li> Duke University (NC)</li>
<li> Univ. of California–San Diego *

[/quote]
</li>
</ol>

<p>by the way, who made US news the bible on top college rankings? are they just self-proclaimed expert on college rankings and everyone follows them? haha</p>

<p>umm, yes (im not being sarcastic)</p>

<p>UCSD for the bio
UCLA for the parties</p>

<p>everyone here seems to pick ucsd bio over ucla.</p>

<p>so i'm guessing theres no reason to pick ucd bio over ucsd bio?</p>

<p>I'd say that if you're looking for the ebst bio program in Ca, then hit UCSD. It really is their area of speciality.</p>

<p>doesnt the best mean that there is more competition? and i thought ucla was more competitive than ucsd? srry im in the same deliema too... right now im pro UCLA, but all this talk about ucsd is making me second guess my self...</p>

<p>douknome, would you really let a few CC posters convince you of anything? Take it all with a grain of salt and make up your own mind.</p>

<p>You shouldn't pick a school for pre-med. I mean if that's the only basis for your decision then you need to think of some more because statistically you are going to drop out of pre-med and switch to something else. Very few of premed majors complete their required courses and even fewer get into med school.</p>

<p>So I say go with UCLA. That way if you drop pre-med, which you probably will, you still have all of UCLA at your feet.</p>

<p>UCLA>> UCSD... the prestige difference (big) is something to consider.</p>

<p>i have the same dilemma as well!! what about UCSD biochemistry vs UCLA biochemistry?? is UCSD as strong in biochemistry as in biomed as opposed to UCLA?</p>

<p>I am chosing ucsd over ucla in a biology related field. i heard that ucsd is not as socially dead as some people claim--college is what you make of it. and also, at ucsd there are tons of research opportunities in the science fields. at ucla you dont usually get to participate in research unless you are a grad student. if you want biology, in my opinion, ucsd is the best!</p>