UDel Nursing Program Chances?

Hi there! I will be a senior in high school this upcoming year and am highly interested in applying to the UD nursing program. I understand that this program is very competitive and am nervous I won’t be accepted. Below I have posted my statistics and was hoping I could have some feedback from others who were accepted. I am an out of state student and my stats are as follows:
3.9 unweighted GPA
5.56 weighted GPA
1310 SAT
Rank 9/263
All honors/ AP classes in HS
National Honor Society
3 sport varsity athlete
Plenty of leadership/volunteer hours
Certified in pediatric/ adult CPR, AED, first aid

Please let me know if I would be a good candidate for this program as it is my #1 choice!

Are you planning on taking the ACT? The mid 50% of admitted students SAT scores was 1200 to 1350. The scores for nursing admission may be higher. To increase chances of admission, your stats should be in the 75 percentile. Are you or have you taken the AP exam in your courses? Schools will look at that, especially for nursing programs. Your GPA puts you in good shape as well as your rank. Make sure you have taken all of the math and science courses that all of your prospective schools require for nursing. Work increasing the SAT score and try an ACT practice test. Best of luck!

Thank you for your feedback! As far as math I have taken
Algebra 1 H
Geometry H
Algebra 2/Trig H
Will be taking AP Calc AB

For sciences I have taken
Biology H
Chemistry H
AP Biology
And will be taking
Physics H
Anatomy & Physiology H
Dynamics of Healthcare in Society H

Hoping that taking the 3 sciences this year geared toward health sciences will help!

@leighnj309 - Although none of us are AOs, I agree with @ECmotherx2 that the SAT perhaps should be higher for nursing but your other stats look positive. Good luck with U of Del Nursing

Some of the state universities save most of their nursing seats for in-state residents. I don’t know the case for U Del. My daughter was accepted to Penn State-U. Park’s nursing program (which does not provide any in-state preference), but was only accepted by U.Del as a bio major. That was OK, because it would have been the most expensive option, by far.

Daughter got acceptance to Univ of Delaware Direct Nursing School
ACT-29 (super score)
GPA- 98.45 weighted unweighted 94.91
Rank -top 10%
AP Classes -9 ; the rest Honors
State-PA
Ethnicity-White
Gender-Female
Sports- volleyball (3 years), softball (1 year), swimming (4 years/ 2 year captain)
NHS - member
Student Embassador- 3 years
Dance (13 years)
Swim Coach - 2 years
Applied in 9/11
Accepted 11/5
Hope this helps :slight_smile:

My daughter was accepted to University of Delaware and it’s currently her top choice (but we are waiting on a few more schools). She has a 1250 SAT, 4.1 weighted GPA, really outstanding extracurriculars, 8 APs and the rest honors. So far, she was accepted to three direct admit programs, plus a back-up pre-PA program she applied to in case she didn’t get into nursing anywhere.

It seems that Delaware places a little less weight on SATs than other schools. They are SAT optional for in-state students.

Unlike most state schools that have about 65-70% in-state students, because the state of Delaware is so small, they depend on out of state students and have 65-70% OUT of state.

Based on your stats, I would think you got in and hope you have heard by now!

If not accepted to the Udel Nursing program, can you still be accepted to the school?

Cao: My daughter was a few years ago - accepted only as a bio major, but not a nursing major. At least at that time, the application asked you for a first choice and second choice major (which Penn State also did). It worked out for the best, because if she had been accepted, UDel would have been her most expensive option by far.