UFE accepts international students?

<p>I’m an international student currently enrolled in bama and received presidential scholarships. I just got a rejection letter from UFE yesterday through email. I know there must be a lot of others reasons why I didn’t make it to the semifinalists, but I’m just wondering if UFE gives it preferences to U.S. students only. During a live chat with a current UFE member one or two months ago, the girl told me that she hadn’t noticed any international students in UFE. Are there any international students in UFE? What about CBHP?</p>

<p>Thanks!</p>

<p>Congratulations on receiving the Presidential scholarship.</p>

<p>The UFE program receives hundreds of applications every year from hundreds of well-qualified students. It’s just very difficult to get into the program. I do not know if there are or aren’t internationals in either of the programs. Maybe someone else will know. Did you make it to the semi-finalist round of UFE?</p>

<p>No I didn’t make it. Another reason I’m wondering if they accept any internationals is the inconvenience for international students to have the interviews on campus. I don’t know how they do with it.</p>

<p>They could have phone interviews or use skype. </p>

<p>Do you plan on attending UA anyway? What is your major?</p>

<p>*I’m an international student **currently enrolled **in bama and received presidential scholarships. *</p>

<p>You’re currently enrolled at Bama? Or do you mean that you’ve been accepted to Bama?</p>

<p>If you’re currently enrolled at Bama, then that would have been a problem.</p>

<p>yes i’m planning on attending UA and majoring in Marketing</p>

<p>sorry, I meant that I’m accepted to UA. And I met other qualifications of a UFE applicants, too.</p>

<p>From the sound of it, UFE received over 600 applications from students who met the req’ts, but had to down-select to about 55 kids. That means about 90% of qualified UFE applicants were rejected.</p>

<p>It’s like the ivies, those who are rejected were not rejected because they weren’t qualified…they were rejected because there were too many apps.</p>

<p>Thanks for your reply, mom2collegekids.
Yea I know UFE is a highly selective program. I’m just wondering if student’s nationality is one of their concerns when they make acceptance decisions, and what exactly the international student body in UFE is.</p>