UGA, Bama or Auburn?

<p>I was recently accepted into all three schools. I am torn between them. I plan to be a business major. I have not yet visited, but am hoping for some feedback. I’m from ct and have no ties to the south, but I love the school spirit and sense of community. I am very interested in rushing, but I know very little about the process and its kind of intimidating.</p>

<p>I just sent you a pm, lh2345.</p>

<p>I’d also suggest you look up posts by ahpimommy, who knows a lot about rushing. Check out this thread: <a href=“http://talk.collegeconfidential.com/university-alabama/1252755-rushing.html[/url]”>http://talk.collegeconfidential.com/university-alabama/1252755-rushing.html&lt;/a&gt;&lt;/p&gt;

<p>Rushing??? Fraternity or sorority?</p>

<p>thank you so much!</p>

<p>i hope to rush a sorority, but i dont really know much about the process</p>

<p>lh2345: Welcome and Congratulations on all three acceptances. </p>

<p>There are many variables to consider when deciding which college to attend, one of the most important is financing. Have any of the colleges offered you any scholarships? Will you be paying full freight? How will you be financing the costs? If you do not have any scholarships, will your parents be paying, are you taking loans, do you have a college fund or a combination of any of these? </p>

<p>Since you have not visited any of the three colleges, do you plan to do that soon? How do you feel about being far away from home (knowing that visits home might be far and few in between)? How do your parents feel?</p>

<p>Have you reviewed the course catalogs for all three schools to see which classes interest you? Have you spoken to or worked with any admissions counselors to ask questions about the various colleges and get a feel for each school?</p>

<p>What are your stats? AP classes taken? Do you plan on taking honors classes? Are you interested in college sports? What are your main interests? </p>

<p>I ask all these questions because we can give you the most help if we know your situation.</p>

<p>I am sure that all of the parents on this forum could highlight the great features of The University of Alabama and rightly so but you can also review our old threads to see more info or post any direct questions. </p>

<p>Choosing the right school for you is not always just a logical choice but is often a heartfelt choice as well. You will need to feel confident and comfortable about that choice, so do research and visit each college to find out which is best for you. </p>

<p>I will try to highlight some of the great features of UA (from a parents perspective)
-beautiful campus
-university spirit
-terrific honors housing
-four unique honors programs
-great opportunities
-great scholarships
-really good weather
-outstanding administration leadership
-a truly outstanding science and engineering complex
-“Southern Hospitality” to the max
-Tuscaloosa is a very supportive college town
-great BBQ, good restaurants
and Football
*The above items are not in any particular order.</p>

<p>Well, I can say more but check out the threads and let us know if we can help further.</p>

<p>lh2345…I am more than happy to help you. Malanai is right I do know quite a lot about sorority recruitment at Alabama. You can pm me or ask here and I am more than happy to answer you questions. Right now you should be looking for recommendations for each house on campus. I just heard today that we are again looking for a record amount of young women to go through recruitment in August. That being said if you want to go through recruitment you should. there are lots of things you can do that will help youhave a very successful recruitment. Let me know if I can help!</p>

<p>With the UA scholars program, you can pursue your MBA and BBA simultaneously. Not sure if they offer something similar at UGA or AU.</p>

<p>Thank you everyone for all of your help! I am not worried about getting money from any of the schools. I am a little nervous about being away from home but my parents will allow me to come home anytime if i really need to. I plan to visit in March. In high school I had a 3.46 unweighted and I took 9 AP/honor classes. I did not know that you could pursue an MBA and BBA at the same time. Except for online tours, what I have heard from friends and reading college guidebooks I do not have an extremely good feel for each school.</p>

<p>for rushing, how do I get recommendations? A few of my older friends are currently in them now, but I don’t know any parents or family friends who are sisters. How do I send all of this stuff, I read that you need to send in a copy of your resume and things like that. I am so new to this. Will I not get a bid because I am new to the process and not from the South?</p>

<p>As for recs…ask everyone you know. you will be amazed how many teachers, family friends, church members ect have sorority affiliations. If you still come up short then contact your local Panhellenic organization or alumnae groups in your area. you will need a Greek resume…it ask for specific information. If you have recs to each house and keep an open mind going into recruitment as well as maximize your options there isn’t any reason why you would not receive a bid. Are you going to Preview Weekend? I would strongly suggest you attend. Just so you know, if you know young women who are currently in sororities they can write you a rec ask long as they are not at Alabama. There are several people who post here who also have sorority affiliations that might be willing to write you a rec. I realize you are not from the south…it’s ok. Bama has lots of OOS girls who pledge.</p>

<p>Okay I will start to ask around! Where can I find out what a greek resume asks for? I will look into going to preview weekend I think it would be very helpful to get to know more about the greek system. Awesome I will ask some of my older friends from other schools if they can right me recommendations. I am very excited! Thank you very much for the tips!</p>

<p>Tommy, are you sure you can pursue the MBA and BBA through the University Scholars program? I thought you could get an MS in Finance or Economics, but didn’t think the MBA was available. It would be fantastic if that was a possibility.</p>

<p>Are you still in high school?</p>

<p>*Will I not get a bid because I am new to the process and not from the South? *</p>

<p>Not a problem. Can you visit during Panhellenic Preview weekend?</p>

<p>*I am not worried about getting money from any of the schools. *</p>

<p>So are you saying that your parents will pay for wherever you go?</p>

<p>When can you visit? I think you’ll really like Bama.</p>

<p>Watch this…
[The</a> University of Alabama College of Arts & Sciences “This is How College is Meant to Be” - YouTube](<a href=“- YouTube”>- YouTube)</p>

<p>The MBA program is not a University Scholars-participating program. There is a special 5 year BS/MBA program for those majoring in STEM fields, though quantitative (math-intensive) finance and economics majors are not able to participate in that program. It is definitely possible to get a BS and MSF/MA though.</p>

<p>I am still in high school. someone else suggested visiting during preview week and i plan to look into that! I think im going to try and visit sometime in march!</p>

<p>well u posted this on alabama’s page, so you should expect a very biased response. ROLL TIDE… haha</p>