UGA Computer Science

My daughter got admission to UGA for CS. can anyone(students or parents) please advise how good the CS program is at UGA?

It’s a decent program. Not top tier but good. My daughter was accepted there but decided to enroll elsewhere.

1 Like

Any idea what ACT they are looking for for UGA CS program??? Hoping a 34 will do it for my daughter. Insight would be appreciated.

A 34 ACT should be fine for CS as long as her UGA calculated GPA is high enough. A good ACT won’t make up for a lower GPA. GPA is most important.

1 Like

UGA does not admit by major, so the fact that someone is majoring in CS would not impact their admissions in any way. As far as getting into the CS major once enrolled at UGA, so far, the CS major at UGA has not been capped so far. Admission to CS is fairly straightforward as long as the student passes the required CS pre-requisites with a grade of “C” or higher.

So is there a secondary application? I have a kid in the business school at UGA who was admitted for finance September of his sophomore year. He knows more than a few who were rejected or admitted for majors they didn’t select because of the competitive major process. Cs won’t cut it unfortunately.

No idea about CS but that is something to consider!