Ugh! Honors Seminars Full

<p>DD doesn’t register until 7am tomorrow and it looks like all the UH seminars she was interested in are full. Do people ever drop these classes opening up slots for those on the wait list?</p>

<p>anything can happen, but since the classes are so small, there is not a big chance of that happening.</p>

<p>I was hoping that seats would be held back for each registration period as they were during Fall registration. Looks like that doesn’t happen for Spring…</p>

<p>nope. that’s one of the perks of being a senior, junior or sophomore - earlier registration.</p>

<p>my daughter registered as a senior (2nd time slot) and there were classes she wanted that she didn’t get.</p>

<p>Yup, bummer that S can never ever take a Freshman seminar now…makes it seem like he’s really old already, and he’s only been at UA for what?, 2 months now?! Unreal.</p>

<p>aeromom: he can still take a Freshman seminar. They’re really “first year” seminars. D1 had an issue when she initially tried to register for one for her Spring semester year one, but a visit to the Honors College got that corrected.</p>

<p>I’m confused. Do you mean that they let Sophomores (and juniors and seniors) take Freshman/“First Year” Honors Seminars?! No wonder there is no room in them… Please explain. I still don’t see how S can take a Freshman Honors Seminar if they are all full, and the waitlists are mostly full.</p>

<p>@ aeromom
As RobD stated above…my son registered for a “Freshman Seminar” today and is considered a sophomore by credits…and didn’t need to visit the Honors College to do so :slight_smile:
Only first year students (regardless of their classification by hours) can take the Freshman Seminars…the other UH Honors courses are open to any Honors student</p>

<p>update: just checked and there are 19 different “seats” still available in the UH 155 Freshman Seminar classes…and you are correct in that they will not be able to take these classes next year…</p>

<p>Ok, then my comment still stands: he will never be able to take a “Freshman/First Year” seminar…which kinda makes me sad since he’s only been there 2 months, 2 weeks, and already it is something he ‘missed’. No big deal…just the passage of time that I’m mourning, I guess!</p>

<p>???</p>

<p>If there are still 19 seats available for frosh seminar, then why can’t your son sign up for one?</p>

<p>I realise now we are probably talking about two different things. I’m an idiot, let’s just leave it at that.
I’m still sad tho!</p>