Ugly dorms

<p>Has anyone seen the dorm pics @ the housing website? I think they are ugly! anyone actually go visit the dorms and beg to differ on their ugliness? lol</p>

<p>smith looks nice</p>

<p>The older lakeshore dorms are all pretty nice. The high-rise dorms are typical 60's modern and just average. You won't find real fancy dorms at most publics. But the cost is very low too. After a year most move off campus. There you can find just about anything. Most people have fond memories of renting a funky house with 3 or 4 friends. Much better for parties than any dorm.</p>

<p>UC Santa Barbara and other schools have better looking dorms than the ones i have seen of Wisconsin, I dont know if they remodeled, has anyone seen them in person?</p>

<p>The UCSB campus I saw last year looked like a pink concrete block prison. Terrible.
You really that worried about the look of the dorms? You have a huge lake and parks all over within walking distance.</p>

<p>PS I looked at the UCSB dorms online. The best ones look like Witte and Sellery and the rest were worse cheap 60's construction.. Our older dorms like Waters and Tripp are much nicer.</p>

<p>Yeah, i am worried about dorms, cuz if im gonna be living in a place for 4 years, it better be worth the amount of $$ i pay !! :p has smith hall open, and will i be guaranteed that hall if i apply?</p>

<p>Nobody at UW lives in the dorms for 4 years. Nobody. Most only live in them for one. The cost is low and worth it for a year. I'd go for Chadbourne as you get extra academic treats and are in with the Honors students.</p>

<p>smith will be open but it's a random lottery for who gets it.</p>

<p>I lived in Santa Barbara for a year. The campus of UCSB looks lively but not the dorms.</p>

<p>Barrons, do Honors students mostly live in Chadbourne?</p>

<p>Yes, if the wish they get some pref.</p>

<p>its the people in the dorms that matter</p>

<p>I have no idea what smith is, but i agree with the above and what PrairieFlower said: "its the people in the dorms that matter." </p>

<p>Couldn't have said it better myself. don't worry about dorms. chances are, after you move in it won't look like the picture anyways.</p>