UH 210 (Fine Arts) Feedback

<p>Can any of you comment on the UH 210 classes?</p>

<p>How intensive are these classes?
Thanks!</p>

<p>My son loved his (fine arts and parody). His class all sat around a big table and it was discussion based. You do have meaningful assignments but they’re not 'too hard".</p>

<p>These are the classes so far listed for UH 210 for Spring 2013
Behind British Mask
Intro to Poetry
Bookbinding & Paper-making
Arts of Tuscaloosa
Lang. of the Spirit
Delta Blues</p>

<p>DS does not have a car and the Arts of Tuscaloosa could be a challenge.
Any input about homework, number of tests, projects, etc?</p>

<p>My son has not taken many UH classes because he’s been in CBH, but the ones he’s had have all involved a good amount of work. At least writing a paper, maybe just one page, a good amount of reading, and some kind of project. My advice is to take something you’re interested in, that fits into your schedule, because none of them are cakewalks.</p>

<p>I don’t see it listed yet, but I took a UH 210 class on Egyptian Culture. It wasn’t challenging as far as subject matter went, and there were no tests. But we had a significant amount of work to do in response writing, class presentations, and two term papers. I would say it was more intensive than some other peoples’ experiences with UH 210 classes. </p>

<p>I would highly recommend choosing a class based on what sounds interesting to you, because then the work isn’t such a big deal. You can also always go check out the professors for the listed courses on Rate My Professor, or a similar website. Reviewers will sometimes leave pretty good comments/overviews of the classes.</p>

<p>I’m in UH 210 Arts of Tuscaloosa. The workload isn’t hard but there are 4 main parts to the class. This causes confusion for some because there is a lot to keep up with for one class.</p>

<p>DS does not have a car and the Arts of Tuscaloosa could be a challenge.</p>

<p>Since so many kids are OOS now, I would contact the prof and see if car-pooling, etc, is arranged.</p>