uh oh... 2nd essay

<p>I felt that the second essay was more of a way to explain bad grades, test scores etc. or a significant event in your life that has had a negative influence on you.. therefore explaining some problem that would appear on your transcript. Well, after I sent in my application I noticed that it said to be the most competitive one should write on both essay prompts...!</p>

<p>But when I talked to my counselor she felt like I did initially, and that is that what I would write in the second essay would reiterate what is already in my application either through recs, ecs, or my first essay. </p>

<p>My question is, is it really that bad to not have submitted the second essay?
=/</p>

<p>My son also didn't do the second essay. Do you think it's too late to submit it separately?</p>

<p>I'd call them and ask! If they haven't started reviewing your file yet, perhaps they could add the second essay.</p>

<p>talked to my counselor today and she said to just send it in separately then because they most likely will not review my application for awhile and I might as well give it a shot.
i think im going to try and write about something that i believe strongly in as opposed to something that has had an influence on me etc.</p>

<p>It certainly read like the standard "if there's anything else you need to explain use the space below etc....prompt" My guess is the vast majority of kids applying did just that (assuming it's like that spaceon the common ap) I actually WANTED to write a creative essay, as I felt that I couldn't do nearly as much with the standard "what can you bring to our school" prompt.</p>

<p>So I sent the second essay thinking they'd roll their eyes cause it wasn't what they wanted...the U of W instructions say something like "this is the only place on the application where you have creative free reign so please use it."</p>

<p>I truly think only 30% or less actually sent a common ap-like main essay here.</p>

<p>Nice to those who did won't be seen as "over enthusiastic"</p>

<p>He contacted the admissions office via email today and was told to send it as an email attachment.</p>

<p>I didn't write a second essay. I wrote 3 sentences saying that I went to Badger Boys state and gave a list of academic awards in bullet form. I thought it was like the additional information section too.</p>

<p>But no worries, I got in, so its not like not writing a second essay is any sort of death sentence.</p>